Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was messing around yesterday and decided to do something for my ipod. I use the icelink with it so I don't need to actually touch the ipod to change tracks / playlists etc. This is what I came up with :

Foam wraped in black felt, I might switch it to gray, or a less fuzzy material, well see how is goes with a little wear and tear.

·
Registered
391 Posts
:yesnod:

I like! I have an AudioLink on the way... did you do anything special to run your dock connector for the iPod through the armrest compartment?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once you have the cupholders out, you can gain access to underneath the center compartment. drill or however you wish to run the cable up to the bottom of that hidden tray. I cut away some of the back/bottom of the foam in order to run the cable up to the back of the ipod, and left a small slit in the fabric for the connection.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I like it. At one point I considered doing something similar, but never got to it.
[/b]
Geez, I'd order one if someone could make the things, Im always afraid of my Ipod bouncing around in that thing anyhow, The Ipod has enough users to make this a viable business option :yesnod: not sure though since there are alot of other cradles for the dash and stuff, but totally unique, definetly something I'd buy though since I don't like the ipod popping out my dash kit.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually just took some measurments and made it inside and a little test fit here and there. too much work getting that shit apart just to do what i was doing :p

If there is enough interest i might consider making a few more of these later on, but all i have is my 4g 40gb and my wifes 2gb nano for sizing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not bad, looks pretty good. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
looks cool you should switch to gray to match interior color

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks cool you should switch to gray to match interior color
[/b]

Yeah im in the proscess of finding a less fuzzy and grey colored material actually.

·
Registered
536 Posts
looks good, probably could make some dough selling them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts