Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as title and description says.
(HID with Factory Projectors, will bending the cut off shield add the blue flicker to the cut off?)

so bending the cut off shield helps bring the blue color at the cut off, on the retro'd projectors.

will this do the trick for factory projectors? or will it just blur the white/yellow cut off.

and this is with a aftermarket 5000k kit

·
Registered
703 Posts
On kits, the light is the color that OEM HID cut offs have.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah im refering to the cut off shield that's in all projector headlamps, not the up-beam plate which i removed already. =)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hmm interesting.... i believe it would produce a bluer cutoff... i've tested with our H3 bosch mini fog proj and it worked really good... so i believe if you try to bend ~1mm towards the bulbs, you'll get a li'll bit bluer cutoff... NOT 100% SURE... but you can try it if you want.. lol ... but it's hard to get the shield bent evenly, as it's a mounting hole for H1, which is much smaller than D2S, when i tried to bend my fog's shield, i had the headlight apart, so i could bend it from front... if you try using a hook, u'd prob mess up the cutoff as the center part of the shield would bend more than the sides, which will give u uneven cover for the proper cutoff...

but the thing is, our H3 prj is made by bosch, and i dont know which company made our halogen proj...

why dont u become our test rat and let us know the outcome??lol..

if you bend the shield too much, it will surely become blur-er and glare the oncoming traffic MORE....

EDIT: check this out 8th pic down...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=51790&hl=

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm interesting.... i believe it would produce a bluer cutoff... i've tested with our H3 bosch mini fog proj and it worked really good... so i believe if you try to bend ~1mm towards the bulbs, you'll get a li'll bit bluer cutoff... NOT 100% SURE... but you can try it if you want.. lol ... but it's hard to get the shield bent evenly, as it's a mounting hole for H1, which is much smaller than D2S, when i tried to bend my fog's shield, i had the headlight apart, so i could bend it from front... if you try using a hook, u'd prob mess up the cutoff as the center part of the shield would bend more than the sides, which will give u uneven cover for the proper cutoff...

but the thing is, our H3 prj is made by bosch, and i dont know which company made our halogen proj...

why dont u become our test rat and let us know the outcome??lol..

if you bend the shield too much, it will surely become blur-er and glare the oncoming traffic MORE....

EDIT: check this out 8th pic down...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=51790&hl=
[/b]

hm... thx for the heads up, i just installed the kit today (on a seperate thread)
ya looking at how i'd have to do it with the headlights closed, it's gonna be hard, as i opened the headlights twice before already, i do not wanna tamper with the silicon and reseal AGAIN.

i'll see what i can do, but im probably gonna lay off bending it for now. i would love to be the test rat and let u guys know if i can do it tho :)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
lol i c.. and yeah... i've tried to mod my bosch h3 and it really did work... it has blue cutoff now.. and i m using stock halogen bulbs btw...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i c.. and yeah... i've tried to mod my bosch h3 and it really did work... it has blue cutoff now.. and i m using stock halogen bulbs btw...
[/b]

hm... that's pretty cool, would u happen to have the link to the how to? (unless it was mentioned in the thread u posted xD)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
it;s just bending the shield... i used my fingers, as i had the headlight apart... but if yours closed, you can and use a cloth hanger with styrofoam at the edge(to prevent scratching).... like i said, maybe u'll get uneven cutoff if you bent it in the middle instead of balancing it... but it's a rare case anyway...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts