Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. As some of you may know I've been wanting to retrofit my headlights with new HID projectors. I was waiting and wanting to get the new Morimoto mini ds2 5.0s. These are the latest and greatest from Morimoto however, I'm not going to be going with them. Lightwerks has posted comparisons between the new Morimotos and a G5R projector that they have on their site. The G5rs way out perform the minis by far imo and they are cheaper.

For those of you that may be looking to do a retrofit, check out lightwerks on YouTube and on their site for projector output pics and comparisons. I for 1 have made up my mind on getting G5r projectors for mine. Just figured I'd share my findings. Kinda sad that I waited this long for the 5.0s and the get out performed by something cheaper that I could of already had :|

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Dang, I already have the morimotos. Oh well, it is what it is, I'm sure its still much better than the stock stuff.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure any true HID projector in the place of the stock is going to be a huge improvement lol. Even with hid bulbs in the stock projectors it's better.

And yes, I will post how everything goes. I haven't ordered the projectors yet but I did order these projector brackets for the car though. They are coming from overseas so it will be a little bit.

s-l400 (2).jpg

s-l400 (1).jpg

I'm sure I could use the stock bracket but I got these as a just in case thing :grin2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
DJ Raydiate
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing