Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey falcon, sorry to keep bugging you with these request threads, but I just remembered something. I remember a long time ago you were talking about trying to source out some Bosch projectors so you could offer a HID retrofit package, but you were only able to find a source that offered two identical projectors. However, recently a couple members have used the two identical projectors in their retrofits without problems. I remember you mentioned that you'd offer the package if you were able to find the L/R projectors, but since it doesn't seem necessary to have the L/R, do you have any thoughts on offering the retro package anyway? I know I'd be interested, especially if they were the ECE lenses like HIDplanet.com offers.

A retro package with ECE lense projectors, Apexcone D2S HID kit with the lifetime warranty and a wiring harness = :drool: :drool:

Thanks again man.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Well, while I'm sure we could still get the identical projectors, I'm not sure we would be able to offer a significant amount of savings, especially since HID Planet has them on sale for $99/pair. Additionally, in order to obtain them, we'd have to order at least 10 sets, and I'm not sure that there would be sufficient demand to make it worth the trouble.

We can definitely supply the Apexcone D2S HID kit and wiring harness, so all you would need to do is buy the projectors from HID Planet for $99. Unless there was a large group of people interested in doing this, I honestly don't think we'd be able to do much better than that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, while I'm sure we could still get the identical projectors, I'm not sure we would be able to offer a significant amount of savings, especially since HID Planet has them on sale for $99/pair. Additionally, in order to obtain them, we'd have to order at least 10 sets, and I'm not sure that there would be sufficient demand to make it worth the trouble.

We can definitely supply the Apexcone D2S HID kit and wiring harness, so all you would need to do is buy the projectors from HID Planet for $99. Unless there was a large group of people interested in doing this, I honestly don't think we'd be able to do much better than that.[/b]
I can get this D2S HID kit for going retro by selecting D2S as the bulb type correct? Just making sure before i order.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
It's not a must have. It's simply an option for people who want to run the HIDS off their own wiring harness instead of using the stock wiring.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Cool thats what i thought. Did you also get the harness and relay for $30 extra? Is it a "must have"?[/b]
I got the harness,for $30 i'm not going to risk my wiring.

·
Registered
444 Posts
to be honest, i bought the Bosch projector from HID-Planet and it wasn't worth it.

Our stock H1 projector mays not be made for HID, but it didnt make a signigicant improvement with the D2S projector. There was no glare with H1 HID kits, there was a nice and clear cutoff.

If I knew the results would be this significantless, I'd keep my money and my time with only H1 HId kit.

I wasted a lot of money and time on retrofitting.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
to be honest, i bought the Bosch projector from HID-Planet and it wasn't worth it.

Our stock H1 projector mays not be made for HID, but it didnt make a signigicant improvement with the D2S projector. There was no glare with H1 HID kits, there was a nice and clear cutoff.

If I knew the results would be this significantless, I'd keep my money and my time with only H1 HId kit.

I wasted a lot of money and time on retrofitting.[/b]

I disagree,i have had another 6 in town that did not retrofit his lamps and the glare was signifigant from the non-retrofitted car by comparison.I will try to get ahold of him and post pics.......

·
Registered
124 Posts
I disagree,i have had another 6 in town that did not retrofit his lamps and the glare was signifigant from the non-retrofitted car by comparison.I will try to get ahold of him and post pics.......[/b]
that would be great thanks :)

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Not a problem,there is a retro thread with many pics if you would like to look there as well.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Definitely the first time I've heard this.

·
Registered
634 Posts

Not in my opinion. The lack of 'beam shake' from a proper D2S projector justifies the extra expense IMO. If I had it to do again I would definitely do the retro as opposed to getting the H1 kit. I'm still debating retrofitting my headlights and using the Xtec ballasts with an adapter harness to get rid of the damn beam shake (at a cost of an additional $250 to me).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

wow that's the first time people said this....

well.. first of all... even if you have a nice cutoff coming out from the halogen projector, you'll still be glaring... go and take a picture of the cutoff off the garage door.. and see above the cutoff, you get light escaping ABOVE the cutoff.. and that's the glare....

for example(taken from MazdaSpeed6):

courtesy of ScarFace

see that thing above the cutoff...

Compared to:

Extreme case when u have reflector housing: (taken from Haknslash)

·
Registered
124 Posts
"Adapter cables that will convert the Amphenol connectors that come standard on Apexcone HID kits to a D2S connector, to be used with OEM-style D2S bulbs."

Someone can explain this to me lol :)

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
"Adapter cables that will convert the Amphenol connectors that come standard on Apexcone HID kits to a D2S connector, to be used with OEM-style D2S bulbs."
Someone can explain this to me lol :)[/b]
Well, if you don't know what it means, you probably don't need them. ;)

They're used to enable ballasts from an Apexcone HID Kit to be used with D2S HID bulbs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts