Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 03 lapis blue 6s and I wanna put some HID's on it but I just had a couple of questions about the HID kit before I bought one. First, when you buy an HID kit does it come with High and low beams? If it doesn’t can I buy a kit for low and high beams without the treat of something catching fire. I want a really bright bluish HID kit that’s so bright that it seems like its noon in front of my car any suggestions? Thanks For the help.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
the more blue, the less light output.

and getting high beam HID will be a waste of money as you will not use them very often. plus, you have to let them warm up for a few minutes or it will wear them out quicker. so if you flash your highs at someone...shorter lifespan.

·
Registered
88 Posts
search around for user experiences. i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. i believe the mazda6 has separate hi and low beam bulbs and most HID retro-fit kits out there are only low beam. few vendors sell dual beam (like H4 retro-fits with hi & low). so lucky for you, the low beams can be replaced and polo is right, it would be a waste of $$$ for separate high beam HID. unless you want them for show or something. you might be able to find bulbs that match the color of the high beams at www.hoen-usa.com. they are popular on the mazda3forums

also, bluest light may not always be most efficient. blue wavelength dissappates easily in the atmosphere and human eyes have a harder time picking it up at night. human eyes are most efficient picking out reds at night than blues. anything with color temperature <= 6000K should be sufficient, anything higher is mainly for show and in some jurisdictions may be illegal. retro-fitting HIDs is already illegal for street use and you dont want more attention from the cops do you?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
wow...thread resurrection... lol...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
u know wat??? now that i have 5 "stars", i dont even feel the urge to post anything anymore, knowing that i couldnt get anymore stars !!! lol....

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
348 more. i'm getting there.

got my Bosch H3 projectors in a couple of days ago. those things look sweet. can't wait to see what the Xtec bulbs look like behind those projectors. they are crystal clear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing