Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i bought a 50 watt 8000k Xtech kit from yall and im having a little trouble. They have been installed for about 4 months and i've notived that one of my lights will slowly dim and then all of a sudden it gets like a surge of power and it becomes brighter. Do i have a faulty ballast, possibly a bulb? And also when its at its "bright" point, its a whiter (less blue, more white) color than the other light. What should i do?

Thanks,
Griffin

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
ok well i bought a 50 watt 8000k Xtech kit from yall and im having a little trouble. They have been installed for about 4 months and i've notived that one of my lights will slowly dim and then all of a sudden it gets like a surge of power and it becomes brighter. Do i have a faulty ballast, possibly a bulb? And also when its at its "bright" point, its a whiter (less blue, more white) color than the other light. What should i do?

Thanks,
Griffin
[/b]
When does it do this? When you turn it on, or at some point later?

In order to determine where the problem lies, you should swap the bulbs from one side to the other. If the problem changes sides once you make the swap, then the problem is with the bulb. If the problem remains on the same side, then the problem is with the ballast. You'll need to perform this test in order to ensure that the proper part is being replaced.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its always not the same color as the other side, but it starts dimming and everything after about 2 minutes of driving. i guess i'll have to try what u say. hopefully i can get around to it tomorrow. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts