Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was thinking of putting some HID lights into my car and i was wondering how i would do that. I am a beginner at cars so please bare with me. Would i have to get a ballast if i was to install the lights. And would the HID lights be considered as the high beam since it is more brighter then the normal bulbs? And if i was to replace the normal bulbs with HID bulbs would i have to get some high beam HID bulbs too if there is such a thing? Heres the bulbs i plan to get or something similar, http://www.streetunit.com/product_p/lhw.htm, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi, i was thinking of putting some HID lights into my car and i was wondering how i would do that. I am a beginner at cars so please bare with me. Would i have to get a ballast if i was to install the lights. And would the HID lights be considered as the high beam since it is more brighter then the normal bulbs? And if i was to replace the normal bulbs with HID bulbs would i have to get some high beam HID bulbs too if there is such a thing? Heres the bulbs i plan to get or something similar, http://www.streetunit.com/product_p/lhw.htm, thanks in advance.
[/b]
for those bulbs...
Nope you dont need any ballast and they plug directly into where your exsisting headlight bulbs are located.
KDM/JDM market. Using a premium coating creates the deep blue appearance which makes for a clean white light simulating HID, which simulates sunlight. The coating Luminics uses ensures consistency in color and accurate projection.
As they are not HID's!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Insted of posting in the exterior mods section, I think that you need to spend some time trolling the newbie section. There is a lot of useful info in there that will answer a lot of your questions. Just remember, the biggest thing in cars, in general, is that you get what you pay for. $30 headlights are not going to give you the same light as a true set of $300 HIDs

·
Registered
366 Posts
i think u should spit out 300 and get the HID kit, dont waste 30 bucks on those bulbs......im glad i got HIDs, cuz it makes a BIG difference.. :yesnod:

·
Registered
382 Posts
dude i payed alot for my HIDs... but it was worth every damn penny! DOOO IT!!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I would seriosuly go with the HID upgrade. But I also understand. Many people don't want to fork out that much money just for headlights.

I think it's worth it though. Just know what K bulb you want to go with and check out the site sponsors (don't go above 8000k though. or you are wasting your time). They offer lifetime warrenty's which is a MUST. godo piece of mind incase a ballast goes out from malfuntion, which can happen.

The install is easy as hell. IF you are at all familiar with the removal of the front bumper and so on it can be done in about 15 minutes if even that long. Th eonly thing that took a while for me was becasue I made the hole in the dustcap a bit to big so I used silicone sealer for the gap to seal it better. So I had to wait for it to be try.

Probably the easiest mod to do that I have done so far. next to the lcd's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts