Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my shop install HID's on my low beam and fogs.

They've installed on all my family's cars, and the kits have lit the road up like no other.

However, when they installed mine, I can't see SH!t at night, even with low's + fog's on, the light emitted on the low beam seems to be completely off. It's throwing light everywhere except down on the road in front of the car, and the light coming from the HID's seems to be really dim to begin with.

Is there any adjustments that can be made on the projector???? Am I missing something.??? The light on the road is waaaay dimmer than OEM at night.

·
Registered
563 Posts
did they aim the lights or just install the HID's.
they most likely didn't remove the reflector in the low beam, which will give you better light output.
what year is your car/where are your fogs. lower bumper or integrated into the headlight?
what wattage was the kit? 35 or 55w.
whats the temp of the lights, 6000k, 8000k, etc.

i'm sure you know that the higher the 'k' rating the less light output there is.

that being said, i had 8k low beams in my car with out the reflector removed. the output was so dim and horrible that i had to go with 4500k fogs so i could actually see in bad weather.

·
Registered
658 Posts
would help if you mentioned what yr your car is and what type of kit was installed including how many k's it is....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
did they aim the lights or just install the HID's.
they most likely didn't remove the reflector in the low beam, which will give you better light output.
what year is your car/where are your fogs. lower bumper or integrated into the headlight?
what wattage was the kit? 35 or 55w.
whats the temp of the lights, 6000k, 8000k, etc.

i'm sure you know that the higher the 'k' rating the less light output there is.

that being said, i had 8k low beams in my car with out the reflector removed. the output was so dim and horrible that i had to go with 4500k fogs so i could actually see in bad weather.

I have a 2009 mazda 6. fogs are in the lower part of the bumper.

HiD Kit is 35 watts, and the temp is 6000k

The kit itself is from www.thehidfactory.com, which is right down the road from my house. They've installed HID's on all my family's cars.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like you have to re-aim your headlights. I have the same car you do and my HIDs light up the road like no other. and I still have the shield in my low beams, and I dont have the fogs either. Pull up to a wall and check the height of your cutoff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you have to re-aim your headlights. I have the same car you do and my HIDs light up the road like no other. and I still have the shield in my low beams, and I dont have the fogs either. Pull up to a wall and check the height of your cutoff.
where are the controls for aiming the beam. On my motorcycle, it has 2 screws to move the light up/down and left/right.

whats the cutoff supposed to look like, I haven't gotten a chance to lurk the site long enough to know what the beam pattern is.

·
Registered
563 Posts
oh wow, i didn't even notice this was in the 2nd gen section. forget what i said about the reflector. do what others said, you probably just need to aim your headlights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh wow, i didn't even notice this was in the 2nd gen section. forget what i said about the reflector. do what others said, you probably just need to aim your headlights.
Took it back to the shop, they just had to re-aim...

thanks everyone :lol:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Why not a HID retrofit?

Fog locations will inherently either light too close to the car or blind oncoming drivers.

Several guys have retrofitted the OEM projectors with little side-effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts