Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Philips HID kit installed on my 03 6s. They have been working just fine for about a year now, and today I went to turn on the lights and only the passenger side fired up. I thought maybe this was just an anomally and turned the switch off. The light was still on even after i turned the switch to the off position like normal. I literally had to pull the fuse for that side in the fuse box just so it would turn off.... Any ideas? I haven't had any problems until this point. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
So I have a Philips HID kit installed on my 03 6s. They have been working just fine for about a year now, and today I went to turn on the lights and only the passenger side fired up. I thought maybe this was just an anomally and turned the switch off. The light was still on even after i turned the switch to the off position like normal. I literally had to pull the fuse for that side in the fuse box just so it would turn off.... Any ideas? I haven't had any problems until this point. Thanks guys!
[/b]
Check the wiring and Ballasts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It seems there a couple of issues. When you turn the switch off and the passenger side light was still on, that would probably mean the relay is stuck. Check the relay. But if the driver side is not turning on, then that seems to be another problem (ballast or wiring/ground).

Alan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'm just going to have to pull the bumper tomorrow and see what's going on in there. I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved, it ended up being a relay issue. Removed those, rewired, and good to go! Alex from Xenon Factory (xenonfactory.com) was incredible throughout the whole process. He walked me through everything and was very prompt. If anyone is looking to do an HID conversion, consider Xenon Factory for the support you get! Kudos!!!!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Yeah, the Philips HID kit from Xenon Factory is great. I had it for over 2 years and still not one problem.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
It seems there a couple of issues. When you turn the switch off and the passenger side light was still on, that would probably mean the relay is stuck. Check the relay. But if the driver side is not turning on, then that seems to be another problem (ballast or wiring/ground).

Alan[/b]
I'm telling you this guy is a HID genius!!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i had this issue... it seems like one of my ballasts were bad... check the voltage connections and grounding! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts