Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find answers for my questions with search so I post them here...

1. How much HID kits car normally can operate at same time without issues with power ?
2. Is it possible to put one more low beam HID at place of fog lights in headlamp?
3. To have high beam HID I need only choose option "High and Low beam" or install something other ?
4. Does option "High and Low beam" witch goes with kits means that there 2 pairs of lamps or it is 1 pair but with 2 work modes ?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I know someone that has a set in their lowbeams, and a set in their foglights and no problems whatsoever. dont get anything for your highbeams, thats a waste of time and money.

do your lows and your fogs if you want 2 sets, and be done with it. and no it shouldn't cause any power loss since most kits are actually 35w instead of 55w.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
werd werd werd...

BUT, IMHO, if you really 'need' that 2 high beam for our 6, then go for retro-ing the bi-xenon, otherwise, u wouldnt need it, as our high beam/hid kit(low beam) would be very sufficient for daily drive... installing a hid kit in our high beam is a waste of time and money.... installing hid kit in fog light is not a bad idea, but really, wont increase output far wise, but in width wise, u'll gain some output from our bosch h3 prj...

using hid kit or retro, i would recommend using another wiring harness on top of the stock harness... more info can be found in threads in electrical section, just use the search function, and you'll get lots of info...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts