Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a kit from you with the lifetime warantee. I bought the 55w kit with the DTS bulbs and connectors. I have only used them breiflly and they run extreemly hot the bulbs heat up the metal housing so much it is too hot to hold. Also the ballast buzz really loud. After about 30minutes of use I now notice one bulb is burnt out. What do I do?

I installed these in customer projecors in my fogs and im thinking my best bet may be to get another kit with all the problems these seem to have. Should the ballasts buzz? Should the lights heat up so much?
http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical/223474-d2s-projectors-fogs.html

Thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
i'd go on rpm's website and fill out a "ticket" with your comments...may get a faster/better reply

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, ok.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
It's normal for the ballasts to make a buzzing noise, and it's also normal for the bulbs to get quite hot. Normal high/low/fog projector housings on the Mazda 6 do not have a problem with the heat. You seem to be running some sort of custom setup, but assuming it's using the appropriate housings, it should be fine.

If you are having a problem with a bulb or ballast, you will need to create a ticket via the contact page of our website, as jbinx mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts