Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what kind of bulbs they use on the MS6, 4000K, 6000K??? Also, what kind of oil does it use?

thanks

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Not sure about the bulbs.. but it uses whatever kind of Oil you want... Within reason... Different ratings are for different uses...

Base oils
The two primary types of base oils used are mineral and synthetic. Mineral oils are by-products of refined crude oil. Refining helps reduces the impurities but leaves molecules of all shapes and sizes. Synthetic oils are manmade compounds whose molecules are all the same size and shape; consequently, synthetic oil has a less friction and performs significantly better than mineral oils.

What to choose
The easiest way to select motor oil is to follow the good, better best model:

GOOD - Mineral-based (regular) motor oils. These are the cheapest and most widely available oils. They typically use standard additive packages that provide minimum levels of performance and protection.

BETTER - Synthetic motor oils. These man-made oils are more expensive that mineral-based oils but are still widely available. Their performance advantages come predominantly from the synthetic base oil used. They have a longer service life and offer some improvements in protection.

BEST - High-performance synthetic motor oils. These motor oils are the most technologically advanced oils. Although they significantly outperform mineral based or synthetic motor oils, they are about the same price as standard synthetic motor oil. They are typically only available through auto parts stores and select oil change centers. These oils primarily differ in their uses of more advanced, proprietary additive technologies.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I think it's 6000K

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sorry I wasn't clear enough on the oil question. What I meant to ask is what grade of oil is recommended, is it 5w-20 (as the mazda6s) or does it use a different grade?

thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
I recommend Amsoil, Mobil1, Redline, Royal Purple. Those all seem to be good synthetics. Run them in all my cars. Weight is 5w-30 on the speed6. If you go with Mobil1 make sure you don't by the Mobil brand and that it says Mobil1.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you think that better bulbs can be purchased and installed wihtout buying new ballasts, to get a better (whiter) light?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yup like others said, the HID color temp in the MS6 is either 4100K or 4300K.

The coating on the headlight cover isnt tinted -and the projector lense is not coated. It's a UV coating like on most other higer end vehicles. The new Vette has the coating also but doesnt look dark cause the headlight bezel is body color matched. It's not black like the MS6.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
higher K number means less light with more color!
does anyone sell better lenses for low beamon M6, I run Xtex 6K HID but stock lenses are not a true HID quality...

·
Registered
703 Posts
higher K number means less light with more color!
does anyone sell better lenses for low beamon M6, I run Xtex 6K HID but stock lenses are not a true HID quality...
[/b]
The HID quity is average but can be better. hidplanet.com sells the ECE version of the Bosche projector. It's a clear lense that will give more output.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.