Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really stupid question, but better safe than sorry. I ordered XENON HALO lightbulbs for my ride, but now want to order xenon or any kind of HID light that looks the same for the HI-Beam. Is this the same bulb as the regular headlight or do I have to look for a specific bulb for the hi-beam bulb

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
the high beam bulb is the same as the lows, also. it's the H1 and is not a special bulb. and the HID light would be a kit, so it sounds like you are looking for a bulb that is the same color as HID? just curious, cause there's a BIG difference in quality and price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok Thanks for the information. I guess I will install the ones that I ordered into the Hi-beam, because they would just look sick
Thanks man for the info

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just to let you know, those "HID" lights are not really HID. They are just blue bulbs and are WAY too dim in my opinion. I have tried a good 6 different pair in my old accord. Some did look dope but the light output on the road blew a$$.
The only bulbs that are proven in a light tunnel to produce more light are the Philips "Vision +50" and Osrams "Silver Star" and both of these are only sold to the UK market and are not DOT approved, but can be imported or found on E-bay as well. I have the Visions oin my low beam and I can tell you there is a big difference. I forgot I installed them and got in after not driving for a week, and the light output took me by suprise. They are not blue like you may be after but are a much brighter white that is closer (but no where near as bright) to OEM HID bulbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing