Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2 hours I'll be picking up my MS6! I bought it last week. Here's my little story

I called up the car COMPANY (not the dealership). On their website usually they have a 1-800 customer service number. Asked them what fees they charge their dealership. I confirmed that Mazda Canada does indeed charge dealers freight (albeit not the full amount, sure) and that the 500$ grad rebate does NOT affect the dealerships profit, it's covered by Mazda Canada.

When I went to my dealer, I had him give me a price for the car. Basically sticker price on everything with all fees.

I then pulled out my little spreadsheet with the prices I had. I said I would pay his invoice for the car and options, I would pay Freight&PDE knowing that there is some profit buried in there somewhere. On top of that, I will add 900$ profit on the car (it was marked up around 3300$).

He mentioned 2 "fees" on his original quote, gas tax and metallic paint tax, I said those are bull, but feel free to add that 100$ to your profit column, what you're saying basically is you want 1000$ over the cost of the car. Fine go ahead. He went to talk to the manager for quite some time, I'd say 10, maybe even 15 minutes, and then came back and said we had a deal.

Easiest trasaction ever, I got a fair deal, and the dealership made money, which is why they are in business after all. I saved over 2000$, and the tax on that too which is over 300$!

They seem pretty good there, I'll see how the pickup goes!!!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
good to know they were willing to deal! so how much did you pay and for which model? In canada, it's most likely the GT with sunroof, leather and no Navi... which means you paid around $38 000 + taxes but including freight. Correct?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know they were willing to deal! so how much did you pay and for which model? In canada, it's most likely the GT with sunroof, leather and no Navi... which means you paid around $38 000 + taxes but including freight. Correct?
[/b]
Haha yes it's exactly that package :) Seems to be the only one I guess that's really available/stocked?

Yup I payed 38188, plus taxes, minus 500$ grad rebate.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I bought mine Monday night, after 4 hours of haggling and the dealer crying that he was losing $600 on selling the car I bought a silver MS6 GT with white/black leather, Moonroof, Nav and Sirius for $34750 OTD with 8.1% tax and doc fees along with tags. I believe car was around $30K and change w/o fees/taxes etc.
Mike

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the club guys!

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I bought mine Monday night, after 4 hours of haggling and the dealer crying that he was losing $600 on selling the car I bought a silver MS6 GT with white/black leather, Moonroof, Nav and Sirius for $34750 OTD with 8.1% tax and doc fees along with tags. I believe car was around $30K and change w/o fees/taxes etc.
Mike
[/b]
That's American $ VS. Canuckan $. No match..
And you paid more than you should have..... Because you paid " Sunshine Tax " :laugh:
-
Welcome to the MS6 group .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts