Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I've been lurking a couple days here and thought I'd say hi. :)

I'm holding out for the 6 Hatchback to be released. If Mazda doesn't add or change any of the existing options, I'll end up getting a Steel Gray 4-cyl. AT, loaded. Would like to swap out the Wing Spoiler for the Lip Spoiler, though.

Would prefer there to be a couple more color choices, though. My husband has a "pewter" Silverado that I think that color would look nice on a 6 with tinted windows. Kinda of a champagne/metallicy gold/tan color. Would also like some leather colors OTHER THAN black if you get the Sport Package. And also wish they'd separate out some of the option packages. Would like the Power Moonroof but don't necessarily want the Leather/Comfort Package.

Maybe/Hopefully by the time the Hatch is released here, some of those changes will be made due to customer feedback. :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: Hi - I'm new here!

Welcome aboard!

I was under the impression, that unlike the sedan, the hatch will only be released with the 6-cylinder. Don't ask me why or where, that snippet just lingers in my mind for some reason...Probably unjustified and I'm wrong, but...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

what kind of car do u have now mar? youve got quite a wait if your holding for the hatch, but a lot of people think the wait is worth it. welcome to the board!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

applejax - I hadn't heard that, but if it's true, then so be it! I'll get a 6-cyl then! :) I at least want to compare the hatch and sedan side-by-side before I make my final decision. Although, interestingly enough, in a special section of our Sunday paper this week, an article was written about the Mazda6 by a Jason Stein of Wheelbase Communications. It was in preparation for the Michigan International Auto Show to be held in Grand Rapids this coming weekend. Anyway, in the article about the 6, he stated that the hatch was supposed to be available in the Spring (!!!); and the wagon in about a year. I don't know where he got his info, as everything I've read/heard says not til about next December or January for the hatch here in the States, but I did send him an email asking him if that is accurate. I sure hope so!!

Choppaboy - I currently own a '91 Mazda MX-6 LX. I bought it used in '93, so have been driving it for 10 years. 142,000 miles. I LOVE it, but it's time for something new. And I've had such great luck with my MX-6 that I jumped for joy when I saw the new 6 when it came out. :)

As my sig line alludes to, my MX-6 has no CUP HOLDERS and the tape player hasn't worked since 6 months after I bought it. It keeps eating tapes. I have driven for a total of 15 years without a freaking cup holder - do you have any idea how UTTERLY ANNOYING that is? I can't count the number of times I've dumped a drive-thru pop on my passenger floor because I have to wedge the container between the pass seat and the emergency brake handle, and it slips out when I hit the gas pedal. I'll be SOOOOO glad to get a new car!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I haven't heard that about the hatch either AJ. Hope it ain't so..

And Maria,..15 years without a cupholder!!! That type of stuff can traumatize a person. I feel for ya.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

AliAL - tell me about it. Before my MX-6, I had a piece of crap Cougar for 5 years, and that thing didn't have cup holders either! It just had this flat little surface thing between the bucket seats that was useless for holding beverages.

I told my husband I don't care WHAT it is - if it was just a box on 4 wheels I'd drive it as long as it had cup holders. ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Hmm americans and cup holders :) Can you imagine that the rest of the world have been driving for 100 years without using cup holders :)

Welcome :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hi - I'm new here!'

LOL... I'm actually Czech but have been living in the States for 13+ years. It's one of those comfort things - you don't miss it until you've had one. :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The funny thing is I don't think I've ever had one! I'm trying to remember if the Mercury Capri, my first car, had them. I can't remember. But EVERYONE ELSE does - that's the point! LOL. And you get spoiled when you're out with friends or in the husband's truck and they have cupholders to take care of those fast-food drink cups, etc. or pop cans/bottles on long road trips. Otherwise you're constantly doing a balancing act (or spilling, as in my case ;) ). :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hi - I'm new here!'

Originally posted by mazdamarla

the hatch was supposed to be available in the Spring (!!!);[/b]
Maybe spring of next year...Reliable sources on this board say not to expect it until fall at earliest, most probably closer into December.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts