Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are Discount Power Parts and our goal...or should I say my goal is to hang here and learn with you about the cars we love. My new love is the 2006 MazdaSpeed6. I am a Diesel performance nut from way back and I have decided that I want to start playing a new game. So my wife and I went out, picked up a Speed6 and within a few hours...I knew I was hooked! In the first 500 miles I did an AFE cold air intake and added a Water/Alcohol injection system. The car runs great! I can see that clutch problems will be in the future, so to head that off I am looking at having a clutch designed and built that will hang with the kind of high RPM slip-starts we need to be able to deliver the power we want on a track. I hope to get a smoked doner clutch to use as a base to start this...so if anyone pulls a clutch and pressure plate....give me a yell and you can one of the best clutches on earth (for the speed6 any ways) on my dollar! If I smoke mine first....you loose!

Any way....DPP is a two man shop run by me (Larry) and my partner in crime (Patrick). If and when you call or email us at DPP you are talking to us, the owners. I have access to over 800 manufactures, so dont be afraid to challange me to find what you want. I am not here to roll in and fight the other site sponsors, rather I am here to learn, and if I can help you out with something while I am here.....so be it. I do not currently have a whole lot of the high end tuner car manufacturers, but I will be working on that as we go.

I have created a little speed6 section on DPP so that as I come a crossed things that I think may interest you....I will add them there. ANd as time goes I will creat sections for the other mazda carsas well as the Evo and WRX cars.
MazdaSpeed6 Section

My plan is to be at 400+ wheel HP (At least 350+!!!) by next spring. Once there I will be hitting the local drag strips in Ohio, going to play at Beaver Run (road course), and doing the FlashLight drags. This is where much of the learning process will come in. Getting on the track is the only real way to learn!

So feel free to check us out, fire me an email [email protected] or shoot me a phone call about what is going on in your mind. If you own a gas or diesel truck and are looking for performance or economy in that area.....I conider myself an expert in that realm!

Larry.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I did was list my toys......I can shorten that list out to just the Speed6 if you would rather? I did not even mention my Kawasaki ATV, the Honda ATV, the 24hp Tractor, the 2 lab-retrievers, my wonderfull wife, 3 great children, and the fact that I live each day as if its the last I may have! All jokes aside, if that sig is bothersome....I can shorten it to near nothing. Let me know!

Larry.....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Welcome, I am glad there are more vendors and sponsors for this forum and the sametimes for us Mazda 6 enthusiasts.

Just one little question to you. As we are folks from places other than the North America continents. What is your policy in terms of shipping goods to places like myself who resides in the land of Downunder? Or for the same matter anywhere else in the woirld?

Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a loyal cusomer in Quensland Austrailia that I ship to about once a month. I can ship international, but it takes time. The shipping to Australia via Fed-Ex can take a couple weeks, and the cost is insane. The guy that buys his diesel parts from me says that you guys are used to this fact, and plan for the cost/time involved. He did not flinch when I said actual shipping was $165 for 4 Bilstien shocks! The shocks alone were only $65 each...he had almost half as much in shipping as he did in parts!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Glad you do ship to us here.

Yes, we are somewhat used to this kind of outragous shipping cost and sometimes huge tax, duty for the government. But the main reason that we have to shop through oversea places like yours is, due to the rather limited importer or suppliers here, and no choice for us but have to cope this stiff costs :(

Actually with the electronic information highway we posses this decade, it does make thing much easier where years ago we have to rely on the oversea magazine and some times wait for months for the mail catalogue to arrives then takes ages to receive the goods.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We ship any in stock parts same day, and we also deal with some very good warehouse distributors for drop shipping and ship same day from there. I have always felt that if you pay me for a job...or a part.....my end of the deal is to ship the part or do the install in as fast a method as I can pull off. On USA orders, most parts are delivered in 2-3 days via UPS. International orders are a bit out of my hands...but I know that Australia shipping costs seem to be that if you go standard international and spend a week or so in transit...you can upgrade to 2nd day or next day for 20 or 30 bucks more in some cases. I have to take international orders on a case-by-case scenario and find the best way to attack the problem. If I can ever be of help to you, feel free to challange me with your request. My goal is to do right by every customer and let him or her do the advertising for me! That is how I made my name in diesel performance, and nothing will be differant here as I wet my feet in the import.tuner car market. I am not a big company, so I stock what little I can afford....I will admit openly that I drop ship over 80% of what I sale due to financial restraints. But the customer service and personal level of attention you get is always second to none.

Larry....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thanks for the details and I am looking forward when there is something I might be interested in the line of products you offer, then I wil PM or email, if you prefer, for further infos regards to the products or the shipping issues.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
So while your Speed6 project is going on, maybe you could look into some Mazda 6i's (2.0s or 2.3s) or some Mazda 6s's (3.0s). Good luck, if you can figure out a way to give us a ton of hp on our FF cars, we'll be much happier than ever!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts