Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I use to post pretty often when i had my 2015 Mazda 6 base model, which I traded in for a 2016 Mazda cx-5 GT, which got totaled recently. I brought a 2017 Mazda 6 GT to replace it since the CX-5 GTs/ top trim are crazy expensive. Everything looks good with the GT 6 I have, no issues. But i couldn't help but notice how low it is, i feel like when am driving pass corollas they seem a little taller lol. I don't see no indication of blown struts, or suspension lowered. Is it normal for the GT version of the 2017 Mazda 6 to sit a little lower then the base version?

Maybe its in my head since I just had a CX-5 before lol. I just can feel my knees when i get out of this one compared to when i had the base 2015 mazda 6 before lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Nice color! That is exactly what I wanted but it wasn't available and I couldn't wait because I want to avoid the additional tax to be implemented back then so I settled on Gray. I hope it's "protected" as that color is fragile.

I was using a van for a about 4 hours. Then after that, I drove my car. Suddenly, I felt so low. So I think it's just on your mind. And Corollas are bit higher, or at least look higher for me.

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
I think it may be in your head lol.
I agree, its normal. Blown struts wouldnt have anything to do with height though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think the seat in the 6 sits pretty low in the cabin, and the seat can't be adjusted to raise it up higher in both front and back.
I'm average height and have thought about putting 1" spacers under the whole driver's seat mounting frame.

·
Registered
7,485 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I think the seat in the 6 sits pretty low in the cabin, and the seat can't be adjusted to raise it up higher in both front and back.
I'm average height and have thought about putting 1" spacers under the whole driver's seat mounting frame.
Remember that raising the position of the driver in the cabin worsens the A-pillar blind spot... i.e. the number of degrees of blindspot - as it brings the pretty-substantially sloped A-pillar closer to your head/eyes.

Just 'sayin...

·
Administrator
18,758 Posts
Welcome back!

Sorry about the total, but sounds like everyone is okay so that's good.

I'm with everyone else - I think it's a combination of both you being used to being high up in the CX-5 as well as the GT seats being able to be lowered quite a bit. Mess around with them and you should be able to get it to an appropriate height.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
414 Posts
Welcome back!

Sorry about the total, but sounds like everyone is okay so that's good.

I'm with everyone else - I think it's a combination of both you being used to being high up in the CX-5 as well as the GT seats being able to be lowered quite a bit. Mess around with them and you should be able to get it to an appropriate height.
+1
with the electric seat you can go surprisingly low, I love it, like a sports car :devilish:

Reactions: Byakuya

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I use to post pretty often when i had my 2015 Mazda 6 base model, which I traded in for a 2016 Mazda cx-5 GT, which got totaled recently. I brought a 2017 Mazda 6 GT to replace it since the CX-5 GTs/ top trim are crazy expensive. Everything looks good with the GT 6 I have, no issues. But i couldn't help but notice how low it is, i feel like when am driving pass corollas they seem a little taller lol. I don't see no indication of blown struts, or suspension lowered. Is it normal for the GT version of the 2017 Mazda 6 to sit a little lower then the base version?

Maybe its in my head since I just had a CX-5 before lol. I just can feel my knees when i get out of this one compared to when i had the base 2015 mazda 6 before lol
I have the 2014 mazda 6gt since new. Yes they do ride a little lower than the other models and due to the rims and tires. The ride is also a little stiffer but the handling around corners with the wider tread is very nice.The tires will set you back a little unless you shop around. I have had only two issue which was the near selector switch and the alternator. Great car 🚗!

·
Registered
7,485 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you have electric seats you can.
Ok, I just figured out what is funky about the electric driver's seat in my 2019 GT. It has less adjustability than the seat in my 2007 6i base model did. My 2007 could adjust the angle of the seat base separately from the height adjustment, my 2019 cannot. I like the front of the base raised to provide thigh support. On my 2019, when you raise or lower it it travels in an arc. As it lowers the base tilts back. As it raises the base tilts forward. So when I first got the car the seat only felt right when it was pretty low because that provided the angle of the base I was used to. Just raised it all the way up and like the view out of the cab much better. Lol, 1st world problems.

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts