Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. my name is Damir. I live in Croatia. Since 3 days ago, I am the proud owner of a 2014 Mazda 6 station wagon 2.2 skyactiv-d 96tkm Soul red color.

p.s. There will be more photos as soon as the weather improves :):)
IMG_20201116_221057.jpg
IMG_20201116_221110.jpg

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
A diesel wagon! Why they didn't bring it in the Philippines, I do not know. I also have the diesel variant, sedan.

·
Super Moderator
17,560 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase. @Archerfish at least you got a diesel, silly North America and they're hoops and bounds to get through. Though I can't complain I'm getting 35+ MPGs on petrol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all.
@Byakuya yeah, we have a diesel, and i was looking for petrol Mazda, and there wasn't any for sale in croatia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@DPAcpa thanks. Yeah, i don't get this manufacturer's. For example, in the USA, Kia and Hyundai have great looking car's. Here in Europe, they look like :sick::sick::sick:

·
Super Moderator
17,560 Posts
@DPAcpa thanks. Yeah, i don't get this manufacturer's. For example, in the USA, Kia and Hyundai have great looking car's. Here in Europe, they look like :sick::sick::sick:
Yeah but they're still Kias and Hyundais lol, Mazda is a far superior driving experience with much better reliability in my opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah but they're still Kias and Hyundais lol, Mazda is a far superior driving experience with much better reliability in my opinion.
Definitely, I agree with you. I was just compare differences between EU and USA car market and car brands and models on them.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You got a clean looking engine bay. I've read a complaint in Australia about the DPF and it is suggested to run it for at least one hour straight at 80-100 kph to avoid any problems about it.

It doesn't concern me at the moment since I travel for 130-160 km one way from my home to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes. It's true about DPF. My mechanic suggest me to go and drive 20 km on cruise control with revs above 3 thousand rpm and about 120 km/h (i think it's a 4th year) at least 1 time in month so DPF could regenerate.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yes. It's true about DPF. My mechanic suggest me to go and drive 20 km on cruise control with revs above 3 thousand rpm and about 120 km/h (i think it's a 4th year) at least 1 time in month so DPF could regenerate.
I'll try that next time, I'll switch to manual mode and leave it at 2nd gear. This reminds me the first time I tried hitting the red line, it won't go past 5000 RPM at 80 kph in 2nd gear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is how we "Balkans" do here:LOL::LOL:.
I don't know if anyone in world does this in that way....

·
Super Moderator
17,560 Posts
Very Clean! That red is so nice in person too. You can always create a new thread also and make it your "Build" thread, where you update your progress throughout the years and can keep a "log" so-to-say of everything you do. Lots of us have them and it's fun to watch people's progress. I've got both of mine in my signature.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If mazdas are so reliable why don't they come with a 7 year warranty like the Hyundai and Kia does?

I too have a 2.2 lot diesel but some of these engines can be problematic with DPF issues. Mine has been trouble free and, fingers crossed, it'll stay that way. I gotta say tho that my next car will probably be a Kia Seltos. That 7 year warranty takes a lot of beatin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts