Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is kamil...I have been looking for a car to mess around with w/ my dad, and came across a nice 05 Mazda 6 at an auction. The car was a deep flood with mud everywhere, broken headlight, and fender, and hood. Anyways The car was brought today and I had a bette rlook at it. Its a 6i (2.3l engine) and its nice....anyways Im thinking, if the car starts and runs good, well what should I first do to it. Im more of a performance guy, so bodykits and rims, that'll come later. I was thinking, the first basic thing would be an upgraded exhaust, and cold-air intake?

Its an automatic though, and from what I read, there might be issues faced with the intake on a automatic, am I correct? SO Im not sure....

I dont have my license yet (yes, im 13, but i know alot more about than alot of other people...Dads been a car dealer since I was born, so yeah)

I had originaly planned on a stick so i could learn to shift better with it, and I like manuals alot more, but this came across, and I just couldnt resist.

Anyways yeah, what should be my first mod(s) to it:?

Budget, eh dont want to spend over 1.5k at first, I mean I have to get to know the car before, and see if its right. I didnt plan on buying one of these at all, but it just came to me and the car looked gooood....so I had to get it..

I didnt start the car yet, but It will most likely start (got a good guy who can start it for us) and once it does, Im gonna have to rip the whole thing apart and clean it all out. But yeah, so any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
wait, you're 13 and you're looking for performance mods for your 6, which you can't even drive yet nor know if the car will even start?!?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hey man, more power to ya! :dmetal: Start early!

If the motor runs good in the end, I would go for the CPE intake kit ($500) and Magnaflow catback($400), the catback doesn't do much for performance, but it sounds mean esp w/ the intake! Donny at RPM has everything you will want for the 6. He is a site sponsor...

Besides that, just make sure that the car is completly re-done... flood damage can be very bad if not fixed right...

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Hi! My name is kamil...I have been looking for a car to mess around with w/ my dad, and came across a nice 05 Mazda 6 at an auction. The car was a deep flood with mud everywhere, broken headlight, and fender, and hood. Anyways The car was brought today and I had a bette rlook at it. Its a 6i (2.3l engine) and its nice....anyways Im thinking, if the car starts and runs good, well what should I first do to it. Im more of a performance guy, so bodykits and rims, that'll come later. I was thinking, the first basic thing would be an upgraded exhaust, and cold-air intake?

Its an automatic though, and from what I read, there might be issues faced with the intake on a automatic, am I correct? SO Im not sure....

I dont have my license yet (yes, im 13, but i know alot more about than alot of other people...Dads been a car dealer since I was born, so yeah)

I had originaly planned on a stick so i could learn to shift better with it, and I like manuals alot more, but this came across, and I just couldnt resist.

Anyways yeah, what should be my first mod(s) to it:?

Budget, eh dont want to spend over 1.5k at first, I mean I have to get to know the car before, and see if its right. I didnt plan on buying one of these at all, but it just came to me and the car looked gooood....so I had to get it..

I didnt start the car yet, but It will most likely start (got a good guy who can start it for us) and once it does, Im gonna have to rip the whole thing apart and clean it all out. But yeah, so any suggestions?
[/b]
I love my 6, but if you are looking to spend less than $1500 on mods, and go fast, then look elsewhere. You can go very fast in a 4cyl 6, but it requires $5k+ to do a turbo kit and tranny valvebody upgrade.

to spend not a lot and get a lot of extra speed, start off with a car that is already turbo'd. In the price range that you are looking, a 2nd gen eclipse GS-T or GSX is your best bet

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Don't be fooled by the fast "look." This car wasn't made to race, but handles turns like a mofo and produces seduction for hungry beautiful women around the world....true pimp car....13? You should be dumping girls for other ones anyways....

·
Registered
807 Posts
The car was a deep flood with mud everywhere, broken headlight, and fender, and hood.
[/b]
Why would you get a car in that kind of shape anyway? Is the car salvage/flood title? Are you rebuilding it? Pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Ive been into cars since I was like 2...LoL. Got my first car at 7 which I later sold for more money etc etc...

Latest car I sold before this was an 05 Escalade EXT.

Its a salvage, yes. Im gonna have the keys for it made tomorrow (didnt come with any) so i can open itt upa nd se ehow it is. If its not heavy flood, Im gonna clean it all up, get it running, and start the customization process.

Like i said, not looking to spend more than 1500 for now...I mean, Im not gonna go ahead and dump 10k into the car in less than a week! First Ill have to see how ti runs/steers etc etc. And if its worthy to keep until I get my license..

I was looking at that intake, and yeah if its all good, Ill be taking that one probably.

If the car is badly flooded and all though, well, Ill just sell it and buy a nicer 6. Im just amazed with it and love it.

Yeah 4 cyl, 2.4....what do you expect...well isnt a evo a 2.0? and a sti like a 2.0 or something? 4cyl?

Look at them...they are beasts...

I mean come on, My friend had a little honda civic that had a 1.6 vtect 4cyl engine...with some ups and all, he smoked a big ol' V8 Mustang...Which also had some upgrades..

Plus, its not only the car, but its the driver ;D

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
here you go, i'm guessing you aren't in a green state if you are driving around at 10 years old. who care's about CEL's, the car was flooded!

....go with a used Injen/AEM intake ($150), Balance shaft delete and fab up a little windage tray ($40), go to a muffler shop and get a custom setup with whatever mufflers you want ($300), TB from twowheelin ($150), intake manifold from Cosworth ($750), VTCS mod ($5)....

....there ya go, fast as you are gonna get the car without going crazy....for $1445!!!

tuning down the line will help more, but if you don't car about smog or check engine lights that is THE ONLY WAY to go for the money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
can anyone here send me a link to a company serlling the cp-e intake that you speak of? thanks, also, how much does it cost to install the intake and a magnaflow exhaust on average.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
wait, who's kidding....i know i'm not

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yikes!! I took my car out when I was 15 and 3/4. I would have loved to own a car and restore it at 10, 11 or even 13. Crazy if true. let me tell ya.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eh, Ive been working on cars since I was 7, and got into the whole tuning scene at around9-10. Ive owned like 20+ cars, and worke don them. They are all sold however, and this is going to be the car that I will UPGRADE FINALY and keep until I have my license. Once it gets old, Ill buy myself something else...

My father foun d abuyer for the car and ill be making around 1k off of it, not bad...But im not sure. Ill finaly have enough for that 93 GTS32 skyline though..U.s. legal...Sr20dett engine, upgraded K&n intake, exhaust, and rb25dett turbo.

Should be around 300 hp? They want 16k for it, so im not sure...Sell the 6, and get the skyline ( if dad allows) or sell the 6, buy another 6, and upgrade?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Don't be fooled by the fast "look." This car wasn't made to race, but handles turns like a mofo and produces seduction for hungry beautiful women around the world....true pimp car....13? You should be dumping girls for other ones anyways....
[/b]

amen to that one.... :yesnod:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got the car open today, and there wa s acrap load of mud in it, but it came off quite easily (it was dry) so I went ahead and popped the hood....check the sparkplugs and there was ALOT of watere in there, same in oil pan (oil was like cofee with milk...)

so its the bit more than usual flood..We ought to get this running, but I thought about it and I might pass on this one as it is flooded a bit more, and there are LOADS of problems faced with flooded mazdas, so Im gona go ahead an dsell it and pick up a different damaged one or perhaps a whole one.

Ride of your lifetime? Come on, its a 4 door mazda with less than 160hp stock..even if upgraded, its not gonna be a ride of the life time. Unlike the skyline, but my dad said he doesnt want Old Pos especially for that much...Im like DAD!! WTF ITS A SKYLINE FOR PETES SAKE...but its a no. Oh well, im going to get one when im older though..

If I dont find a good mazda anywhere I might just go for (what he insisted) celica, 300zx, something of that sort..

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah i say get rid of the 6... :hide: that's way too much damage already.

actually, the 6i has 165 stock horses, the 6s has 220. and they do got potential. go ask mr.tea about his car.
and here's a hint: don't go to a car forum and diss the car. especially if u don't know anything about it. ride of your lifetime? only if u kno how to drive it right. but u can't even drive yet... :nana:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im not dissing it, im just simply stating true facts, and I probably am. My dad actually has a nice 04 crossfire and ill talk to him and see if hed do a trade with me.

I know how to drive dude..I can shift alot better than most people too, but I want to learn to shift like the pro draggers and all.

Ill probably be ditching the whole MAzda 6 think unless I find a nice one for an affordable price.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts