Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows about filling in the Mazdaspeed sedan slot left vacant with the 3 sedan? It's a no-brainer and a win-win.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
they should make mazda speed6 or a speed3 a coupe and with the hatchback versions too

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
other than subaru never has to knock 7-8k off MSRP just to try and move the last year model off the lot in hopes that people fall for it. I'm sorry but I owned a MS6 for about 9-11 days of me actually having it, and 35 days of it at mazda being worked on. snapped rear axle, bad ecu and a/c unit and i told them to keep the pile.

Next on a speed list should be either an auto speed6 for people who want a fast family sedan but don't want a 6speed manual or a speed rx-8.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with bumpin blazer about the speed RX-8. I would think that car would be great as long as Mazda puts good effort in making it so!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
an auto speed6 ...
[/b]
Please NO! Mazdaspeed vehicles have all been manual transmission only, and in my opinion should stay that way. Why make a performance car, only to remove both performance and control from the driver by using an automatic?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Please NO! Mazdaspeed vehicles have all been manual transmission only, and in my opinion should stay that way. Why make a performance car, only to remove both performance and control from the driver by using an automatic?
[/b]
To be completely honest...i wish i had an MTX but i decided against it because i live in an area with tons of traffic. It would be way too tedious driving in the traffic with a manual. Some people like the speed, but just dont live in an area where u can truly appreciate a manual.

·
Registered
235 Posts
To be completely honest...i wish i had an MTX but i decided against it because i live in an area with tons of traffic. It would be way too tedious driving in the traffic with a manual. Some people like the speed, but just dont live in an area where u can truly appreciate a manual.
[/b]

IMHO There is no place where you cant enjoy a manual.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
IMHO There is no place where you cant enjoy a manual.
[/b]

sorry...i have to agree with this too!

:drive: look at the picture....thats how its supposed to be done!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
[/b]
auto's are proven to be faster in certain cars and for the mid 30's crowd who is over shifting every 10 seconds while in traffic, it's what the consumer as a majority would want. otherwise, audi, bmw, infiniti etc. wouldn't offer it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
auto's are proven to be faster in certain cars and for the mid 30's crowd who is over shifting every 10 seconds while in traffic, it's what the consumer as a majority would want. otherwise, audi, bmw, infiniti etc. wouldn't offer it.
[/b]
The general populace isn't known to be intelligent either. No one ever went broke underestimating the public.

If you want to drive a car, you need a manual. Otherwise, you're just along for the ride.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
auto's are proven to be faster in certain cars
[/b]
Perhaps faster in a straight line, but Mazdaspeed cars are built to go around corners too. For that, I want the control of a manual transmission, and I expect most performance drivers would agree.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The general populace isn't known to be intelligent either. No one ever went broke underestimating the public.

If you want to drive a car, you need a manual. Otherwise, you're just along for the ride.
[/b]
you're talking from a pure "tuner" driving point. for 90% of people, they don't want a 6 speed manual. i'm saying if they made an auto option they'd sell more.

Perhaps faster in a straight line, but Mazdaspeed cars are built to go around corners too. For that, I want the control of a manual transmission, and I expect most performance drivers would agree.
[/b]
the auto was proven faster in straight line and course time trials in the supra, 300zx and i think 1 other sports car but i'm not sure.

·
Registered
233 Posts
you're talking from a pure "tuner" driving point. for 90% of people, they don't want a 6 speed manual. i'm saying if they made an auto option they'd sell more.
the auto was proven faster in straight line and course time trials in the supra, 300zx and i think 1 other sports car but i'm not sure.
[/b]
the new gto's

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
the new gto's
[/b]
what about them? standard tranny is a 4speed auto.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I agree with the topic poster..

An AWD Mazdaspeed3 "Sedan" version should have been a No brainer....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
An AWD Mazdaspeed3 "Sedan" version should have been a No brainer....
[/b]
A MS3 with AWD would have been awesome. :drive:

I understand that many people on this board think the MS3 should have been a sedan and not a hatchback, probably because they like the look of the sedan better. However, I think the hatchback is a good choice for a small car, as you get the fun factor of driving a small sporty car with the utility of the extra cargo space.

Not everyone wants to drive a big car (or worse, SUV) just for extra interior room space. This is especially true in markets like Europe, where fuel is crazy expensive. A MS3 sedan may have sold better in the U.S., but globally, I think there is more of a market for a hatchback with a small car.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
the ms3 is hot. i really wish they had them when i got my 06' 6s hatch as i'd have a ms3 instead.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts