Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
As a lot of you may know, cardomain has become too inundated with trash. It's no longer a place where people can share their cars without a mess of slander, garbage, etc etc.

Anyways, I found a much better site that was recently launched and is more tightly regulated. It is kinda like myspace, but you can have a personal AND a garage profile. It's really cool, and my friends and I have been using it. Anyways, for those of you who care to host pictures of your cars and make some car friends, check it out.
it's www.thecarshowcase.com

feel free to add me as a friend, mine is www.thecarshowcase.com/jlevi

Hope you guys like it as much as i do!
JL

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, launched last week... already getting a lot of new members, though!

Your car is SICK! where is your profile, I'd love to check it out
JL

·
Registered
747 Posts
yeah, launched last week... already getting a lot of new members, though!
[/b]
Wow, 93 rides, half of which are your BMW buddies. Whatever, good luck with that... this whole concept of "friends" you've never actually met is beyond me.

I do give credit for coming back here to check on your thread. I'm betting you dropped your "hey guys, check out this site that I found " :p note on as many car forums as you could find, never to visit most of them again.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wtf, why don't my pics show up? :headscrat:
Yours did. Not fair *pout*
[/b]

Dunno, what format are your in? Are they too big? Try resizing them a bit.

·
Registered
427 Posts
jpg format, not sure if they were too big as they don't list a limit.

Got a few up, seems it only accepts .jpg. No .bmp. Had to screen shot and resave as .jpg but, few are up, whatever.

The site needs to be customizeable, and that edit thing where you have to scroll all the way down is rediculous.
[/b]

Yeah, but it's still new. They'll revise some stuff I'm sure. Besides, they have a forum where you can talk about problems and all that. Maybe you should suggest a few things?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Read their blog. It was in beta from December to April, went "live" on 4/1, they had to restart/lose all their data a couple weeks ago. So if they're trying to pump it up and get a high-traffic site to cash in on, they're going to need a better business model... they "partnered" with a teenager to do the web development :sarc:

Do people here think cardomain is actually "inundated with trash" ?

I've never felt the need to "showcase" my cars to the world (beyond model-specific sites or my personal pages) or have to turn to cyberspace for "friends" so I on the other hand will be harsh on them :)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Yeah, I think it's become pretty redundant as well. I mean, you've got your garage here, then cardomain, now carshowcase, I've got a garage on floridamazdaclub.com, a profile on clubatenza under the "members rides"... redundant redundant redundant.

The garage is the best setup IMO. Here and FMC. Strict list of mods, pics if you want them, and it's to the point. You can reference people there, it keeps up with cost, etc.

Screw the rest of the stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
blackmagik_13
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing