Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here,

I just bought a 2008 Mazda 6 and loving it! However, no auxilary jack for mp3, or ipod or blackberry to play music on! I dont want to go with a fm modulator because I read nothing but bad reviews on that. So..Anyone have a great, not too expensive fix withough having to completely replace my audio head unit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Reactions: Rob99

·
Registered
88 Posts
Newbie here,

I just bought a 2008 Mazda 6 and loving it! However, no auxilary jack for mp3, or ipod or blackberry to play music on! I dont want to go with a fm modulator because I read nothing but bad reviews on that. So..Anyone have a great, not too expensive fix withough having to completely replace my audio head unit?

Thanks.
you mean transmitter?

modulators get great reviews...

Differences:

transmitters broadcast a radio station that sounds shitty

modulators are relays that are installed inline with the vehicle's
antenna and sound less shitty... like a great radio station without
any interference.

if you don't do an aux mod or other aux adaptor do an fm Modulator
our cars have all the connections (12v acc or constant and a standard motorola antenna juncture next to the fuse box on the drivers side kick panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Differences:

transmitters broadcast a radio station that sounds shitty

modulators are relays that are installed inline with the vehicle's
antenna and sound less shitty... like a great radio station without
any interference.

Very true. FM transmitters are the cheap way to go, if the station you tune to loses signal or, in some cases actually starts to pick up a station, your music will begin to break up.

FM Mods can be expensive depending on what kind you get and who you have install them. the "how to" earlier in this thread looks good if you're "handy" but if you're not it may be best to visit a reputable stereo shop and see what they can do for you.

i'm a supporter of small businesses I guess so I would check with a local stereo shop before going to a big box store. Many times you'll receive a better warranty on the item and labor compared to the big box stores.
Just my opinion...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts