Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the CPE MAF CAI tuned today. here is the Dyno. still not enough HP. Had the injectors serviced and seems tobe running a bit more crisp. I'm thinking of headers and trans shift kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
you don't truly believe the factory stated hp do you? they rate that shit in absolute optimum conditions. im sure it is more like 5-9 hp but if you factor in the cool rating gain could be like 35-40 cool hp and don't even get me started on the sound hp gain!

·
Registered
922 Posts
the hp rating difference is probably from CPE untuned to CPE tuned.... stock V6 ATX should dyno around 155-165 WHP... 178 with the CPE alone is where he should be with an ATX...

and yeh the 220hp stock rating is a bit inflated... actual is probably close to 210hp..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The results are with the CPE on. I paid $200.00 for 10 runs and tuning. These guys deal mostly with Vipers and Subaru Racer boy WRXs. I think it's worth it. The car seems to be a lot more crisp and responsive. What's next for me? TB boring? Maybe.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
the hp rating difference is probably from CPE untuned to CPE tuned.... stock V6 ATX should dyno around 155-165 WHP... 178 with the CPE alone is where he should be with an ATX...

and yeh the 220hp stock rating is a bit inflated... actual is probably close to 210hp..
[/b]
i've never heard of a v6 atx doing dyno lower than 165. mine did a 174.4 last weekend as i wanted to compare before and after with my "crap" CAI that'll benefit just as much as the cpe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know which map is which? Meaning I went in with the switch down (red Led) and Don't know which map is the one with the WOW!! 2HP gain!? LOL Is it the green or red? Can't really tell the difference that much unless I take it back to the dyno, which I won't....

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
next should be get an MTX. then you'll stop crying about the gains.

do valvebodies. if you really really must have that atx.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i've never heard of a v6 atx doing dyno lower than 165. mine did a 174.4 last weekend as i wanted to compare before and after with my "crap" CAI that'll benefit just as much as the cpe.
[/b]
allow me to back up my words with some quotes:

"Ya there is usually a 15 whp difference between the ATX's and MTX's when both are dyno'd in the same gear...so add 15 to your graph and thats right about where cp-e's graph is" - Crossbow

"Dynos measure Wheel horsepower (the measurement of power exerted at the wheels on the ground), Manufacturer's rate at Engine Horsepower (the measure of power exerted right off the engine crankshaft). A certain percentage of power 15-20% is consumed in the drivetrain (friction and what have you) before you ever get to actually 'use' it.

That said, the Mazda6 is a bit over-rated. What is 220 is probably about 210 in reality. And a MTX V6 should dyno at about 170-175whp." -Sigma

SO, given the first quote and the second quote... I stand by my claim... a 6s ATX should dyno between 155 and 165 WHP...

IF yours made 174 completely stock and it's an ATX, comsider yourself lucky..

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
[/b]
Well I've been around here a whole lot longer than you, seen dozens of V6 ATX dynos, and can say without a doubt that yours is the highest stock ATX run I've ever seen. I've only seen one other stock ATX dyno north of 170whp, they almost all do closer to 160whp with about 175-180whp seen after a CP-E.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
next should be get an MTX. then you'll stop crying about the gains.
do valvebodies. if you really really must have that atx.
[/b]
I wanted the MTX but all of you who are married will agree with me on this one, My wife wanted to drive it from time to time and an MTX was out of the question since she doesn't like them in traffic (LA traffic). So I did what a good obedient husband would do to survive, agree with her!!!!! LOL :love:

·
Registered
922 Posts
we (married men) feel you homie... we feel you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
pussies.....you just have to get her a G35 like I did

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Id like to know how we reached the bit about the motor being less powerful than the stated 220...

Is this some magic 8 ball guess? Or has someone put a motor on a dyno and actually run it?

And 2 hp for tuned vs. untuned is still sad, but hey, it is his car and money.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Id like to know how we reached the bit about the motor being less powerful than the stated 220... [/b]
A manual transmission FWD car should have approximately 15% drivetrain loss when measured on a Dynojet. If the car had 220hp at the engine, that would be ~187hp at the wheels. But no stock 6s MTX has ever dyno'd that high, most don't even come close.

Most stock 6s MTXs dyno at around 170-175whp, there's a few that are closer to 180whp, but nothing as high as almost 190whp. Most people don't hit that high even with CAIs on the car.

This means one of two things: Either, 1> the Mazda6 has a highly abnormal drivetrain loss for a FWD vehicle, which we have no reason to believe since it's your standard power/drivetrain that Ford has used for many years and because the Torque figures are pretty much in-line with what they should be, or 2> the car really has more like 210hp at the crank, perhaps even a bit lower.

Since Torque figures are in-line with what we expect to see with drivetrain loss, and actually perhaps even very slightly understated, we can presume that it's not some weird drivetrain loss thing. Drivetrain loss would effect both horsepower and torque equally. The discrepancy only shows horsepower as being lower than expected, so the given crank horsepower figure must be higher than reality.

The recent revision of the power output to 212hp on the 2007 models further backs up what we V6 owners have known for years now -- that the stated 220hp was highly optimistic at best.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
pansies. ditching the mtx because of the woman. get her a POS civic atx, or make her choose.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Somebodys bullshitting you, I have a 2005 6s with the 6-speed ATX...
with only magnaflows i ran 174 WHP
With magnaflows and a CP-E i pushed it up to 190 WHP....and no tuning...

and yes i do have the dynos for those who are doubtful but yes i am to lazy to post them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Somebodys bullshitting you, I have a 2005 6s with the 6-speed ATX...
with only magnaflows i ran 174 WHP
With magnaflows and a CP-E i pushed it up to 190 WHP....and no tuning...

and yes i do have the dynos for those who are doubtful but yes i am to lazy to post them.
[/b]
There is a large differance if you used a differant dyno, or the dyno operator used a differant correction factor, such as STD, rather than the more standard SAE, that was used the posters dyno sheet that he posted. STD numbers on the same vehicle would have been a 3-5whp higher. Supeflow dyno operators sometimes use dynojet conversion numbers which can put the numbers easily 10whp high.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pansies. ditching the mtx because of the woman. get her a POS civic atx, or make her choose.
[/b]
Dude, it sounds like you need to get some pussy!!!! you are way too high strung. Or maybe you have sex with your MTX. I only say that because of the way you are attached to it. :nana:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts