Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Girls,

Having looked through the M6 Owners Manual and not finding a reference for the major light bulbs in the car, I thought I would pull them all out and make a note of them, for later reference.

Front Park Light Bulb:
OS 12v W5W
E1 2GL w20

High Beam Headlight / Low Beam Headlight: (Both are identical bulbs)
Philips 12258
H1 12v 55w U
E1 21P
A3 16 A (High Beam)
A3 17 A (Low Beam)

Fog Light (Head Light Cluster):
H3 E1 22G
12v 55w
GE 50340 U

Indicator Light (Orange Bulb):
Philips 12496 HTCPY
21w 12v
E2 2F7 A33

Front Door Safety Lights:
Stanley 12v 5w

Front Wheel Arch Side Indicator Lights (Orange Bulb):
Stanley P2829
5w 13.5v
E13 010635

Rear Deck High Mounted Brake Light:
18w 921
12v W16W E4 2EL

Reverse Light:
18w 921
12v W16W E4 2EL

Rear Indicator Light (Orange Bulb):
E4 2FH
WY 21w 12v

Rear Brake Light:
E4 2DUW 21/5w
12v 21/5w 7443

The above names and numbers are as stated on the actual bulbs.

If you have removed any other bulbs, could you add their full description (as above) to this page to help follow M6 owners. I recommend that everybody pull out their owners manuals and add these description on a blank page for future reference.

Warren.

PS: Has anybody else converted the rear red reflector housings (boot lid) into brake lights. If so can you tell me the parts you used and any special technique's used to install.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Reading Topic: Here are the Bulb Types

so whats the actual product name for the stock high/low beams?
Philips what? VisionPlus, Premiums, BlueVision, LongerLife, or WeatherVision?

or is it just "stock" philips and no name as all the bulbs Philips put names on are only aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Here are the Bulb Types'

Every detail located on the bulbs is stated above - with no spelling errors.
Should aftermarket brand bulbs have different models and names, I'm unable to answer that for you.

These bulbs above, are the "factory installed" bulbs.

Warren

·
Registered
118 Posts

Nice work with the bulbs Warren. I'd also be interested in the rear reflector modification. From what I could find on the posts only one person in Melbourne has done it so far. I'll do some investigation and see if we can get some Sydney-siders into the action too! ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts

Hi everyone,

In relation to the rear reflector modification, I have already completed this on my car and I think [email protected] has done the same. Both reflectors light up when my headlights are on and when I brake.

My friend who's a mechanic can do this for you guys in about an hour for $80 or so.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can give you his details.

Email: [email protected]

Oh, Warren thanks for the info on the bulbs - I'm looking at changing the bulbs to make them super white.

Happy driving everyone.

Cya,
Peter

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi Peter,

Great to hear back from you again and yes I would be interested in getting those details from you - in regards to trhe rear reflector conversion.

[email protected]

Thanks Warren

·
Registered
118 Posts

Originally posted by ShootingStar

Hi everyone,

In relation to the rear reflector modification, I have already completed this on my car and I think [email protected] has done the same. Both reflectors light up when my headlights are on and when I brake.

My friend who's a mechanic can do this for you guys in about an hour for $80 or so.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can give you his details.

Email: [email protected]

Oh, Warren thanks for the info on the bulbs - I'm looking at changing the bulbs to make them super white.

Happy driving everyone.

Cya,
Peter[/b]
Hey ShootingStar, I've sent you a quick e-mail regarding the rear brake-light modifications. I'd be very interested if you could provide me with the details of your mechanic. He's in Sydney right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts