Mazda 6 Forums banner

Help!

600 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Zoom-Zoom6 
#1 ·
I just recently purchased a Mazda 6 manual and there is a clunk in the steering wheel. Like it jumps a little. I already had all my ball joints and tierods and everything else inspected and the said they couldn’t find anything. It clunks and feels like it moves towards me. Doesn’t seem like there is any other problem

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

You mean like the entire steering wheel itself moves towards you while you're sitting there?

Sounds to me like something's up with the steering column, but I'm not the best one to ask about this. @TalonTsi90 @DrFeelGood @Trollz3457

#3 ·
Uh, WHEN does it clunk? What are you doing when it clunks? Do you have an MS6 or regular?

#5 ·
Did they check your motor mounts? If you've got the V6 there's a "dog bone" mount under the engine that isn't uncommon to break and it'll allow the engine to move around enough that you might feel it when you're re-engaging the transmission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.