Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mazda 6 2004 2,3l is flashing engine light and it loses power. Having a bubu sound. It drain fuel. What might be the problem. I hv changed plugs. Now I don't know what to do please help

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Do you have access to a OBDII scanner? Post what code(s) it is giving.

also, what do you mean that "It drain fuel"?? Do you mean that the fuel injector are just dumping excess amount of fuel in into the chamber?

If you've recently changed the spark plugs, I'd double check the spark plug gap. Make sure it is OEM spec. Make sure everything is plugged back in. Nothing is loose/ disconnected.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds like a misfire-
1. I'd pull the plugs one by one; inspecting them and smelling them for gas. Take note if anyone smells more than another.
2. Get access to an OBD scanner right away and check for codes. p0300 - p0304 indicates a misfire for your car; 0 is general and 1-4 would indicate which cylinder is the problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Mazda 6 2004 2,3l is flashing engine light and it loses power. Having a bubu sound. It drain fuel. What might be the problem. I hv changed plugs. Now I don't know what to do please help
Do you hear any vacuum leak from the engine bay? What's the condition of the ignition coil?

·
Registered
11 Posts
A solid CEL means that your car is outside of normal operating tolerances. A flashing CEL means don't drive your car anymore; usually to prevent emissions or engine failure.

If you don't know anyone with a code reader, then you should be able to get one on Amazon for relatively cheap. To just pull the basic OBD codes you won't need a very advanced reader. Something in the ballpark of $20USD would work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts