Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K I am trying to change the oil in my moms 6 because I dont know the last time it was changed.:eek: The hex/star blot is stripped and the canister wont budge. What should I do next to get that filter out and get her back on the road? I thank all of you in advance for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally got the filter wrench, wont budge and slips of busting my knuckles on the oil pan. Ouch I cant take it any where cause there is no oil in it and I dont think it will hold any right now because of the o ring on the filter is rotted. Like I said who knows the last time the oil was changed. Do you think its kind of heat seized on there or something?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow! sounds bad, well you can always try the screwdriver through the filter trick, ive had to do that a few times. If that doesn't work you can always tear or cut off the bottom half and then use vice-scrips to get it off. I dont think its heat seized, filters are only supposed to be hand tight but even when i hand tighten mine i still need a wrench to loosen mine. So if someone used a wrench to tighten it on then its gonna be a pain to get off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn some people and how they dont care for their cars. Its a canister filter the kind where you just replace the core of the filter not the whole thing like BMWs do(stupid design if you ask me).

·
Vendor
757 Posts
You could take a drill and pop the head off it. Just make sure you have a replacement bolt if you go this way.

-Derrick

·
Registered
7 Posts
hex head

Go buy a EASYOUT SET and drill inside the head of the hex head trap in the easyout and use adjustable wrench and turn it loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts