Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I bought my mazda used about a yr and a half ago. Bought the extended warrenty, easy care. Was having some problems with the car hard shifting and oil in the intake yadda yadda. They tore it apart for 3 days just called me and they have to change the entire engine along with a new transmission. Easy care is coming to look at it today and they want proof of oil changes. recipts. I always did them myself and i always used cash maybe sometimes credit. What should I do?????

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
as far as the transmission goes, you can get an flash update for that at the dealership. its common to have that problem. why would they need proof of your past oil changes? just tell them you did it on your own. how many oil changes did you do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they said it would be 11,000 new transmission and whole new engine. the easy care extended warrenty guy is coming today and he needs proof of 3 oil changes. usually i buy them with cash (filter and oil) and its not like i would keep the receipts. I dont know if there gonna void my warrenty for it.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
You ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS keep your oil change receipts while in warranty period. Can you describe the oil problem you are having a little more? As has been said, Mazda dealers have a reflash available for the tranny shifting issue, there should be no need to replace that. As for the engine, ask Easy Care if submitting a sample of your oil for an oil analysis (www.blackstonelabs.com) would be proof enough that your engine has not been neglected. If they say yes, contact Blackstone and ask them what info they can provide from a sample of oil to help your specific situation.

At $11K, you're better off buying a new car anyway, so what do you have to lose?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sad part is i probably owe that much on it. They really didnt give me too much info on the trans. But said the engine has bad compression on 3 of the cylinders and a small oil leak they cant find. I found one reciept at the moment looking for more. Most of the time I pay cash and I always do it myself.

Originally I brought it in for the hard shifts (got it reflashed earlier this year) , also the high revving issue with the throttle body (at lights it would jump) , oil substance in the intake, and sometimes when i would start it I would get a thick cloud of smoke out the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yeah, like was mentioned if you are going to do it yourself, save your receipts. I always take mine to Mazda for oil changes. That way its in the system.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
god easy care is a joke. I came up with reciepts and now they want to tear apart the engine more to figure out what exactly is wrong (and they still might not cover it). So its either i pull it out now for 500 bucks and try to sell it or get it fixed cheaper or take the gamble and let them tear it apart and if easy care covers it its only 100 bucks...if they dont $1,300 to put it back together. what you do you guys think? bought the car a year ago certified used (which means nothing basically). I appreciate all the help

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If you have your receipts and they still don't honor the warrany .. and if you are sure it "should" be covered under warranty, then you might need to get a lawyer to help you with this problem with Easy Care. And it probably won't hurt to mention that to them.

Also, is your car stock?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bezel painted and accolade grill. i think im just gonna pull it out for now until i can take the risk. I appreciate all your guys help

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
call a attorney and get legal advice for the state you live in,I spoke to one of the reps for the ext. warranties that we sell and he had said that sounded like poor buisness practice and to get an attorney involved immediately.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
updates??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts