Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i opted for the sat nav package on my 2005 mazda 6 2.0 ts2.
it is the dvd rom version with full screen that pops out the top of the dash.
when i got the car i registered the sat nav system with the card that came with it. but i havent recieved any new discs as the one i have (2005 edition) is out of date and new road lay outs are not included and it sometimes has the habit of taking me up lanes that are now closed off!!
who do i ask/call/email to find out if there is a new disc out/ coming out?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good news and bad news I'm afraid. I've got the same system in my 2002 2.0D Sport, and I had the 2001 edition disc in when I bought the car second hand last year. The upgrades are not free, they come at a hefty cost of around £190 per upgrade! Mine runs on a Navtech DVD, which you can buy from the dealer direct as the other guy says, but they always issue the previous year's version for some unknown reason. For example, Navtech themselves have just released the 2006-2007 edition, but if you go to your Mazda dealer, they will only sell you the 2005-2006 disc, which is exactly what I bought from Navtech directly a year back. Mazda don't like you buying direct from Navtech for obvious reasons, and my local dealer said it would void my warranty, but after much discussion, I've got it in black n white from Mazda that they're OK with me getting the latest disc direct from Navtech. After all, why would you buy an out of date map when you can buy the current one cheaper?

Try www.navtech.co.uk for more info.

i opted for the sat nav package on my 2005 mazda 6 2.0 ts2.
it is the dvd rom version with full screen that pops out the top of the dash.
when i got the car i registered the sat nav system with the card that came with it. but i havent recieved any new discs as the one i have (2005 edition) is out of date and new road lay outs are not included and it sometimes has the habit of taking me up lanes that are now closed off!!
who do i ask/call/email to find out if there is a new disc out/ coming out?
[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts