Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 03 6s has 53K on it so it is just out of warranty so of course it breaks down. My wife was supposed to drive it today and calls me this morning to tell me it won't start. It cranks fine but makes no effort to start. I know there could be a million things wrong with it but I was just wondering if there any common things that break on these cars that would cause it not to start?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Did the gauges swing all the way to past redline and back when you try to start the car? If thats the case it could just be a bad battery like it was for me. I had the same symptoms...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the gauges swing all the way to past redline and back when you try to start the car? If thats the case it could just be a bad battery like it was for me. I had the same symptoms...
[/b]
I just said it turns over fine.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Sounds like a battery issue to me.....get an optima redtop, you'll be fine ^_^

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We just replaced the battery last week. The battery was so dead that it wouldn't even jump. The car is turning over fine, and all the gauges and dash lights are working normal.

Sorry for trying to help, I'll remember not to make the effort next time.
[/b]
Didn't mean to come off rude :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I just checked the fuses, and they're all good. So should I be able to hear the fuel pump when I turn the key on? Cause I don't...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Sounds like a battery issue to me.....get an optima redtop, you'll be fine ^_^
[/b]
Didn't he say it turns over fine? Its not the battery, and its not the starter. As he is suspecting, i vote for fuel pump. And yes, you should be able to hear the fuel pump, alteast I do. 04 v6 mtx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts