Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh: I managed to do the brake light modification by myself, but i cant see myself taking of my bumper to attempt the "sidemarker as turn signal". Is there anyone insterested in helping me, I learn very easily so if i observe it once then I can do it from then, these guides that are available only give me a rough idea and is not detailed enough for me to attempt it..

·
Registered
331 Posts
I didn't remove the bumper... I just worked through the wheel well and undid the engine bay cover under the vehicle. No bumper removal neccessary!!! Take my word for it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I am close... if you want help with your bumper i can help you with that. its super easy. never done the turn light mod but shouldnt be too hard.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I didn't take off the bumper either. Are there instructions out there? I think I used some, can't remember. I just did everything in the instructions besides remove the bumper. Requires you to get under the car, but whatever.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't take off the bumper either. Are there instructions out there? I think I used some, can't remember. I just did everything in the instructions besides remove the bumper. Requires you to get under the car, but whatever.
[/b]

Has anyone found those directions that doesnt merrit me taking of the bumper yet, i cannot seems to find it on the forums..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After Contemplating Whether or Not To Take off the bumper as the instructions stated that must be done. I finnally decide that I didnt want to take of my bumper especially for just this simple mod maybe something bigger I will take that plunge. In the owners manual under the maintenance section it shows how to change each bulb separately the sidemarkers being one of them. It shows that you only have to take out some screws and pull back the mud guard, and i had ample access to the bulb assembly (you can probably even change the sidemarkers themselves this way) and way I ran my wire, spliced it and voila!. The headlight wires travel very long and not only in the location specified in the instructions, i did not want to splice anything so close to the clip so i followed the green/orange wire further up and spliced it there.. Anyway I only did one side as i ran out of time but will do the other once this rain hold ups.. Will post pictures and instructions soon. Thanks to those that offered to help me with the bumper and other information that led me to do it this way..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Shane23
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing