Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been having problems with my HID kit so I removed the whole kit to be sent back to see what is wrong with it and then replaced it with the regular H1's but they do not turn on? Anyone know why? Everything is hooked up properly. Any help would be great

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Um, sounds like you could have blown a fuse, or fried your wiring, or other.

Since you are back to stock, I would take the car to the dealership for them to check.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
did u use wiring harness for your HID?

check the low beam fuse in the main fuse box...

check whether you've connected the negative terminal of the low beam to the projector...

check whether the H1 bulbs are working..

if u've done all those steps, i think u might have fried the wiring (if u didnt use wiring harness)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I did not use a wiring harness. I noticed the other day that one of my Hid lights were not working. So I swapped the ballast to see if that was the problems. When I did that none of my lights worked. I cant see it destroying a wiring harness since it was the 35w and not the 50w kit. :swearin:

And yes all of my other lights and signals work.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
No I did not use a wiring harness. I noticed the other day that one of my Hid lights were not working. So I swapped the ballast to see if that was the problems. When I did that none of my lights worked. I cant see it destroying a wiring harness since it was the 35w and not the 50w kit. :swearin:

And yes all of my other lights and signals work.
[/b]
hmm.... so no fuse blown?

the purpose of wiring harness is not just for the wattage, it's for the startup amperage which is much higher than halogen's 55W... if all other lights are working, then try to see if there's any meltdown on the low beam wires (inside) and the huge connector outside the headlight...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
t_mo_t
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing