Mazda 6 Forums banner

Help with Vacuum Gauge install

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  felix6628 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i got the 03 V6. Im planning to install the vacuum gauge sumtime next week. I know theres probably a thread about this already, but i cant find it. Anyways, I was wondering where is the place where i tape into for the vacuum line? Is there any how to threads on this and pictures, cuz im confused. And how do u get the wires through the center map pocket? I did read the thread about how to take it off, but im still confused on it, please give me sum better pictures and directions. LOL. Thank you for ur replies.

#3 ·
if you did a cold air intake install, you'll see that after you removed the factory airbox, the flapper had a vacuum hose attached to it that is supposed to be plugged. you could tap into that for vacuum reading.
[/b]
Is there any advantage to having a vacuum gauge. or is it just something cool to look at.

#6 ·
OK i understand chitown666, but what u mean mazda6smtx, im confused on what check valve ur talking about, can u take a picture of it and post it here for me?? Thanks guys for helping me on this, if i cant find or understand what mazda6smtx is talking about, then ill do what chitown666 said. But some pictures would be appricated. :yesnod:

#7 ·
I'll get some pics and post them up soon.

Here is what I'm talking about.

Above the Rad hose there is a while orb with a green outline, that's the check valve. My guess is Mazda put this in since if there is a vacuum leak at that spot it will affect fuel pressure as that vacuum line goes to a tee and one end goes to the fuel pressure regulator and the other straight to the intake manifold. You can see the tap I made, under the first rib on the intake.

Sorry about this picture being blurry but you can still make out the piece I'm talking about. Between the battery and the intake, you can see where I tapped the line.

#8 ·
Yea i c it, thanks alot for the pictures man, that made it alot more understanding. Thats what ill do to, tap into the same place where u tapped.

#10 ·
so whats the point of having this?
[/b]
I just want it cuz everytime u step on the gas, it moves, or it shows u the airflow going into ur car or sumthing like that. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.