Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm thinking about doing some upgrades to my '03 mazda6, so i would like to know if somebody can help me giving some advice :D

The first thing that i have in mind to do is to put leather on the seat, but i would avoid teh "do by yourself" kit, since i'm not very confortable when is a matter of taking apart the car :D (one thing is to open the central console...another is to put leather on the seat LOL); so if somebody ahs some place where i can go to install leather around the bay area (CA) i would really appreciate (and also soem prices would help a lot :D)

The second thing that i want to upgrade is the stereo: my dealer said that i can put any kind of stereo on teh market, but i read here that is not possible...so what is the best way to do it? I don't want to spend 500 to install the mp3 player sold by the dealer ;) i also saw a little circuit board that goes where the tape/md connector should be, and that let the stereo to recognize a ipod/mp3 player/cd player with mp3 capabilities (i have a palm that i use as gps and mp3 player, but since i don't ahve the tape i can't use it!); so if somebody has it i would like to know if it worth the price (and the risk to open the central console) :)

A strange thing that i noticed is that my display (the one that show the time and temperature) doesn't show the info on the song (radio and cd player)...is this normal? i noticed also that the display is the same of the version with the automatic AC, since is possible to see the other info not used by my manual AC version :D

I was reading the forum to find answer also about what is the best choice for rims (i have teh standard cheap ones with teh plastic covers...horrible!) and wheels, but this is not the best place to post it ;) i will take a look on the external mod area ;)

Thanks a lot! if somebody live in the bay area and has some "names" would be great :D

PS: nobody organize a meeting of M6 owners? :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well i live in Concord so anything i can help you with i would be glad to.

So far i have installed on my own...

Magnaflow Exaust
Intake
Transmission Cooler/Filter
Engine Mount
etc...

(You can check my sig for the rest, and note that i have a 6s)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I live about 2hrs inland from you but travel to the bay quite a bit. As far as leather, I would recommend http://www.classicsofttrim.com/. You can search their site for an authorized dealer in your area. I used this company and I'm very pleased with the way my two-tone leather looks. Good luck with your mods!

·
Registered
978 Posts
in regards to replacing your stereo, do a search for "metra" and you'll find a replacement to your center console that allows you to put in a different stereo. there are also write-ups on this site that will walk you through how to install it as well as how it works. apparently it is available through crutchfield for $129 now, which is much lower than the prices I've found at local stores.

I'm planning to get this kit pretty soon also, but since I've spent quite a bit on other projects it's going to have to wait a bit. After getting new amps, speakers, subs and head unit, I figure it will cost me well over a thousand bucks. So in the meantime, I got my hands on the aux-mod that was mentioned earlier so at least I can plug in my mp3 player or mini-disc. In case you have an Ipod, there is another kit that I think has a USB connection...

Check out the electrical section and "in car electronics" section for what other members have done/ discovered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
vagrant10
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing