Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got a scangauge II and was thinking of mounting either in the map box (drilling a hole and going behind the dash or in the sunglasses holder.
When looking at how to route the wires to the sunglasses holder I saw that I would have to route the wire along the pillar... which houses the side curtain airbags... seems like a bad idea. (I think an accident would be enough... I dont need a fat wire blasting out at my face as well... How did you mount your scangauge without going along the pillar?
Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I mounted mine in little-change pocket on the lower left portion of the dash, and just routed the wiring to the OBDII port. I used some sticky velcro and it looks nice and is still easily viewable

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys! I was going to go with the map pocket,but getting the wiring was too much of a pita so I went with the change holder and routed the wire behind the dash, It fits like a glove and looks almost stock. Might not have the best of view of it at all times, but you can still see it through the steering wheel when going straight. I felt that it blocked too much of the gauge cluster when mounted on top of the wheel.
thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts