Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the rear Passenger side half-shaft is making a clicking noise when the car is moving. I checked it out and noticed that the outer cv joint seems to be bad, I can get the shaft to move by hand.

I was wondering what my opinions are since no one other then Mazda seems to have the rear shafts, and I am short on funds. Does anyone sell repair parts for the CV joints?

·
Rally Racer
1,988 Posts
I noticed that the rear Passenger side half-shaft is making a clicking noise when the car is moving. I checked it out and noticed that the outer cv joint seems to be bad, I can get the shaft to move by hand.

I was wondering what my opinions are since no one other then Mazda seems to have the rear shafts, and I am short on funds. Does anyone sell repair parts for the CV joints?

You need a unicorn doctor...
Rockauto.com offers R&R service. Last check they were under $200. I find no dealer entries for itemized parts.
Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did E-mail them and they said they only repair items that are listed in the parts catalog, and the rears are not listed.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Could be a Hail Mary but I wonder if the front and rear CV ends are the same, if so you could buy a front one and use the old shaft.

·
Rally Racer
1,988 Posts
I did E-mail them and they said they only repair items that are listed in the parts catalog, and the rears are not listed.

There are several used ones listed on ebay right now
GD56-25-50XB
You will probably have to do some grinding to mitigate the flaring of removal but it could work out. These vehicles are becoming increasingly difficult to run on a budget (not that they were ever easy).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be a Hail Mary but I wonder if the front and rear CV ends are the same, if so you could buy a front one and use the old shaft.

I am not sure, I think they are smaller. I do know that the rear wheel bearings are the same as the FC RX-7 which I have spare half shafts for. I may have to find a local driveline shop or buy OEM

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a little of research, I found out that in 2007 the Mercury Milan had AWD. I am not sure how close they are. but they are like $50 plus shipping on rockauto.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So update, I found out that the driveshaft shop 500 HP axles are cheaper then the OEM ones from Mazda. And it seems that everyone who seems to be selling performance rear axles are just selling the ones from the driveshaft shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts