Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get an AEM CAI for really cheep because where I work distributes them

So I just really want it mainly for the sound and the gains are nice.

Should I get the AEM or the CP-E, It is about a $450 difference between the two. and im a broke college kid

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think you need to check that again, the CP-E comes with the MAF-CI also right? So you're not comparing apples to apples with that pricing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CP-E intake without MAF-CI is $500.00 plus shipping

I can get the AEM for 120.00

$380.00 difference, i guess im going with the AEM because of the price

·
Registered
150 Posts
The CP-E intake without MAF-CI is $500.00 plus shipping

I can get the AEM for 120.00

$380.00 difference, i guess im going with the AEM because of the price
[/b]
Not sure where you are getting your numbers, but the intake itself should go for around $300 depending on your source, and the whole MAFci system is $540 including shipping. Purchasing the CP-E intake without the MAF customizer doesn't make much sense either, considering it is the reason people choose to spend the extra money on the CP-E MAFci system in the first place. Good performance gains and no CEL for the 6s make this worth the extra dough.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Do you have a V6 or I4?
[/b]

That is the true question, here! Can't make an informed decision without knowing what type engine.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i4 = aem
v6 = cpe

very simple

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I believe the grand sport is a v6...

But, I am not sure
[/b]
My thoughts also. I thought it was a V6, but I live in the good old US and dont carry the GrandSport tag.

If it is a V6, dont waste your cash with the AEM. You will be back here in a few months trying to sell it in the buy/sell section so you can but the CPE MAFci.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I had first bought the AEM CAI. Ditched it for the CP-E a month or so later. The CP-E is definantly worth it. BTW you cant buy JUST the CP-E CAI.....It only is available with the maf customizer box whihc is what gives the most gains. CP-E FTW!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just looking at the web site for cpe for prices thats where i got the high price from

$540 isnt that bad, i guess i will just try to save some more money up and get the cpe

and yes i have the V6

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I was just looking at the web site for cpe for prices thats where i got the high price from

$540 isnt that bad, i guess i will just try to save some more money up and get the cpe

and yes i have the V6
[/b]

Go to RPM and order it from Donny.....his price includes shipping!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just ordered one and was wandering how hard they are to map? I know they hold 2 maps with a switch and a red LED. I'm not sure if this will be hard to do or not? Also is the standard MAP on the customizer close to where you need it to be?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
speedfreak
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing