Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well ive spent all day installing my halos. But during the process I managed to yank one of the wires out of one of the halos. Now i can still connect them back but I would need to solder it. Well i didnt have any so i used some adhesive stuff. It seemed to work for roughly 40 minutes and then stopped working. Now the question is should I just buy a new halo for that one or should I solder it and it will work fine again.

What I noticed is that the halo pulses and lights up very lightly. So to me that sounds like the halo is messed up, but i have no idea. I also made sure everything was connected and made sure that both power sources were fine.

Basically do you for 100% know that if I solder it, it will be fine again, or should I go ahead and get another halo.

O ya these are the new halos not the old ones.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
157 Posts
i had a problem with my halos also, all i did was email apexcone (the makers of the halos) and they emailed me back with an answer by the next day. heres the link Apexcone. hope that helps

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no longer needed i fixed it, but thanks for the help sinister.

MODS you can close this now

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Only after you tell us what was wrong and how you fixed it! My thoughts are a bad connection from the patch job.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright in all honesty I dont think I did anything really I took it all apart again and took the halo off, then went and plugged it in and it lit up, so the I reatached it to the bezel and retested, it still worked. I put the bezel back into the plastic shield tested and still worked. Put it all back together and tested it and still worked. Then I drove up my street to see if it was still good after being on the road, and guess what it was out. I was pist went back to my house cursed, Hit my headlight then went for a drive again. Sure enough its working and I drove around town making about 8 stops on the 15 minute journey and at every stop it worked. So basicallly I have no idea what I did, it works and im happy.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
i dont think im satisfied with your solution...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its true man very true. Think it has to do with the angle the wire comes out from the halo where I screwed up and it gets snug as shit when you screw the blinker light frame back in, I think that has somethin to do with it. I have no idea but that what went down. Worked in my favor tho now im able to take my headlght apart and back together in like 25 minutes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I hope it stays working ya. I definately want a set for myself. Since your a pro at taking it on and off now, maybe it'll take us less than a couple hours to install my set next time. :D So did u secure the ballast?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts