Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a Mazdaspeed6 and was wondering if I should consider this fixed salvaged. The car had side damage, has been fixed and is being sold by the auto shop that fixed it. The seller claims that there is no frame damage, but the damage seems quite substantial.

Just google the vin: JM1GG12L371110388

They're asking ~$10k and the car is 07 with 59k miles.

Thanks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
The damage looks too substantial to not have compromised the integrity of the frame at least slightly. IMO, I'd look elsewhere.. especially for $10,000.

Posting photos here from my google search:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Id get that frame checked out but even then 10k is a lot for that.....

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thanks Lara!

How does a 06 mazdaspeed6 with 80k miles sounds for $12k if it's clean title?
That sounds MUCH better. I'd rather not have the headache and just pay a smidge more for a clean title.

·
Registered
683 Posts
10 grand but without 2 doors? lol PASS

·
Registered
71 Posts
the floor rail seems like it might taken some damage, but nothing too serious, but i would also spend a little more and get a clean title 6. resale value down the line isnt going to be too great!! good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
I worked as a Production Manager in a body shop for a while and I wouldn't be scared of that car. To fix any car that has had airbags deployed correctly the shop needs to replace every sensor related to airbags reguardless if the bag they controled were deployed or not. That is one reason why it was so expensive to fix this car.
From what I can see from those pictures the car has some side rail damage, needs two doors, 2-3 airbags and all the sensors, some work to the B-pillar, and they will need to paint half of the car. I'm sure I missed some work done but that doesn't look too bad. The body shop should be able to provide you with a copy of all the work done as well as frame measurements. They had that car on a frame machine before they started work for sure. If they did have to pull it some they can show you how much with before and after measurements.
With that said the price is way too high with a salvaged title. If you plan on owning and driving that car for quiet a few years it's worth looking at for around $8000. This is just a guess from taking a look at two pictures but that shop has around 4k just in repair work in that car.
Just know that it won't be worth much at all when it's time to sell it.

My bad, I didn't see that this was two months old when I posted. Sorry to bring this one back from the dead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
javander2002
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing