Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jus bought a used 03' Mazda Yellow as hell
and the clutch went out on me jus now after buy'n it about 2 months ago
is there anyone who can give me a hand or maybe some advise?
i kno its' the clutch
but i was told that the engine would have to be suspened and the the drive replaced
need some help

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
jus bought a used 03' Mazda Yellow as hell
and the clutch went out on me jus now after buy'n it about 2 months ago
is there anyone who can give me a hand or maybe some advise?
i kno its' the clutch
but i was told that the engine would have to be suspened and the the drive replaced
need some help
[/b]
It is a 6 right? If you're still in warranty go to the dealer, just note that the clutch in the MTX isn't the most reliable clutch. Many 6club members have had issues with this. If your warranty period is over, buy an aftermarket clutch. Investing in a newer, improved clutch rather than an OEM one would be logical if you plan to keep your car for a long period of time.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Milage? Fight mazda for it if its still in warranty, hell fight them even if its out.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, I would try to get that replaced for free, but do not accept another OEM part from the dealer that could potentially be the same defective part all over again. Go either Mazdaspeed or aftermarket and I'm sure it will feel a lot better and last a lot longer (any extra money spent is probably worth it). My 6 has 7,200 miles on it and the clutch is already acting like crap, although I enjoy the car so much that the issue doesn't lead me to hate the 6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts