Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would look better, PIAA H1 xtreme white for the headlight bulbs and PIAA H3 xtreme white for the fog light bulbs or PIAA H1 xtreme white for the headlight bulbs and PIAA H3 plasma ion yellow for the fog light bulb. my friend says since my car is speed yellow it would sort of match with the yellow fog lights but it wouls also look sweet if I had all white lights. Im planning on changing these in the headlight housing, my car doesn't have the lower mounted foglights.:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Help with choices on headlight/foglight combo'

I would mixs the colors up. I think that would look the best. where I live it would make me stand out to the cops to much. I did not change the light ins the 6 yet but I have all 4 light in my focus as Sylvania cool blue. can not go to blue the cops are ass holes aroud here. When I had my neon I had 5 tickets and my Inspection sticker scraped one time. That Sucked.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Dicks are neons not legal? But then loads of people have them on their cars...

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Help with choices on headlight/foglight combo

Neons are a non-DOT approved car lighting, so yes they are illegal. Most cops don't stop you for it, unless they are having a really bad day or feeling vindictive. The guys with neons are my personal form of radar detector, the second you see that neon go off, you know a cop is close :)

·
Registered
178 Posts

For neons as in light are legal if you have them on when parked and not driving in my state. I ment I had a Dodge neon that had some mods that pushed some state law for motor codes.;)

·
Registered
158 Posts

yellow light scatters less under conditions where there is lots of moisture in the air (fog, rain, etc). Using yellow bulbs for your fog lights will not only make you stand out from the crowd, but should improve the ilumination of the road under otherwise poor visibility conditions. They're not magic, but better than blueish-white.

I have on order a few (2 + 1spare) yellow Narva H3 bulbs for the fogs in my 6s.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Not sure how they compare, but check into the Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights. They're supposed to be pretty close to HID, yet still halogen and legal.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

I can't find Silverstar H1s though, I tried Pep Boys (Where I work, all we have are those damned APC tinted blue H1s); tried NAPA, Advanced Auto Parts and CarQuest, none of them had Silverstar H1s.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Though, the LA Auto Show guy seems to be using them in his project 6. Of course it has Eibachs too so maybe his Silverstars are demos from Sylvania. hmmm, I'll have to ask him.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I have H1's OSRAM (Sylvania in USA) Silverstar on my '98 A4 fog lights for about 18 months. They were hard to get. Even the distributor didn't had them. I also have H7 on low beams and high beams, which were easier to find.

·
Registered
41 Posts

BTW, in german magazine AutoBILD lamp test, Silverstar were the best. I'll have to search the magazine to scan it, if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Originally posted by bihus

BTW, in german magazine AutoBILD lamp test, Silverstar were the best. I'll have to search the magazine to scan it, if you are interested.[/b]
Yes any headlight comparison would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by bihus

BTW, in german magazine AutoBILD lamp test, Silverstar were the best. I'll have to search the magazine to scan it, if you are interested.[/b]
Absolutely. Right now I'm going on word, and general talk. Would love to see a bunch compared side-by-side. Scan, scan, scan! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts

Ok, you can check it out here
It's the portuguese version, but numbers are universal.
I'll only be able to add more pics next weekend. This was a quick scan, so you wouldn't have to wait too long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts