Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to install a aftermarket amp and pair of subs without getting rid of the factory head unit and bose system. How do i do this. I need someone to show or tell me exactly how to do it. like step by step if possible. I heard that i should splice some wires under the passenger seat. but im stupid and dont know how to do any thing. its an 06 new and i dont want to mess it up. this stuff scares me......
thanks matt

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I am wanting to install a aftermarket amp and pair of subs without getting rid of the factory head unit and bose system. How do i do this. I need someone to show or tell me exactly how to do it. like step by step if possible. I heard that i should splice some wires under the passenger seat. but im stupid and dont know how to do any thing. its an 06 new and i dont want to mess it up. this stuff scares me......
thanks matt
[/b]
are you replacing the entire system? you need to be more specific. what pieces are u planning to install? where do u plan to mount your amp(s)? are you replacing the speakers?

fyi, no one is going to give u a step-by-step because it is pretty complicated. we can provide you with wiring diagrams, but you will have to find the wires yourself and splice into them, run wires, etc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
are you replacing the entire system? you need to be more specific. what pieces are u planning to install? where do u plan to mount your amp(s)? are you replacing the speakers?

fyi, no one is going to give u a step-by-step because it is pretty complicated. we can provide you with wiring diagrams, but you will have to find the wires yourself and splice into them, run wires, etc.
[/b]
Ahem... Step-by-Step Trying to figure it out myslef tho :tear:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just wanting to add my aftermarket amp and pair of subs to my car without messing with the Head Unit. Some thing with tapping into the wires from the facotry bose amp under the passenger seat?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts