Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy the 52mm DEFI blue racer gauge

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an Omori boost gauge a few months ago but now I am seriously thinking about changing it.

It makes an annoying vibration noise when hitting the boost and I am starting to dislike the overall look of the gauge.

Anyway, I was hoping to get the member's opinion on this.

a) Omori (display any color you want)

b) VEI (display Red or Blue)

c) DEFI (display only Blue)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been recomending the Stewart Warner mechanical gauges. I have one and its great. Its much cheaper and you can change the 194 bulb to any color you want. The color is comes with is a 95% match to the dash.

I have this one, center vent mounted here

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the VEI and it looks very clean - plus it has a polished silver bezel that matches the stock look - I will post pictures at some point when I get off my lazy ass. Plus its only lik 100 bucks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the VEI and it looks very clean - plus it has a polished silver bezel that matches the stock look - I will post pictures at some point when I get off my lazy ass. Plus its only lik 100 bucks.
[/b]
May I ask where you bought it and how/where did you mount it ??

thanx

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, where could i find the VEI? i'm interested in it.... it should look better in the cabin and more presentable...than the autometer i'm looking at....

·
Registered
262 Posts
[/b]

Doesnt the VEI have some odd shape which wont allow it to fit a bezel? It wont slide through one and the srt 4 guy had to hack em up to get them to work> I'm worried it wont work in the new bezel in dev since it's a long/deep gauge and there wont be the room.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry moving all week/weekend so will take some time before I can get pics up.

I have the VEI gauge (ordered directly from them off the website for about 100 bucks) - it is a standard size and it is only about 1/2" from front to back of the gauge - very skinny. It has some bolts that can be used for mounting purposes or cut off if needed (I did not need to cut) to fit in a pod.

I have the ePod gauge pod which was about 40 bucks (yes expensive for a pod) but it matches the stock interior, looks clean, and is much much nicer than a cheapy $10 plastic pod. The VEI gauge fits perfectly and IMO the setup looks like it came from the factory. I will post some pics up as soon as I can.

-Kyran

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry moving all week/weekend so will take some time before I can get pics up.

I have the VEI gauge (ordered directly from them off the website for about 100 bucks) - it is a standard size and it is only about 1/2" from front to back of the gauge - very skinny. It has some bolts that can be used for mounting purposes or cut off if needed (I did not need to cut) to fit in a pod.

I have the ePod gauge pod which was about 40 bucks (yes expensive for a pod) but it matches the stock interior, looks clean, and is much much nicer than a cheapy $10 plastic pod. The VEI gauge fits perfectly and IMO the setup looks like it came from the factory. I will post some pics up as soon as I can.

-Kyran
[/b]
Kyran, is the mazdaspeed6 ePod a direct replacement of the steering wheel column or is it only the gauge pod that I have to taped/screwed on to my factory column cover??

Thanx

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Stewart Warner setup

·
Registered
147 Posts
Comes with a 194 regular buld with a red cover that makes it glow with about a 95% match to the dash lights. I bought a 194 Led from that online bulb place and its not as good as the bulb it comes with. I love the setup.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Comes with a 194 regular buld with a red cover that makes it glow with about a 95% match to the dash lights. I bought a 194 Led from that online bulb place and its not as good as the bulb it comes with. I love the setup.
[/b]
Thats pretty good for the money man. Is there any way that you could get me a pic of it at night. That would probably sway me to go your route(which would be good, because it would save me alot of money)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I went with an Autometer but in 60mm so it would fill the center vent opening more. It made it appear more OEM in my opinion. :D

Agreed with the standard 194 bulb with the red cover, it matched the stock gauges almost 90% in color / tone. Of course during the day, it does not match cause it is a mechanical guage face and not electroluminisent.. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is the best pic I have, you can still see the color match though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts