Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a mazda 6i with the standard audio. I want to upgrade the quality and power of the sound system but i am a novice as far as sound systems go. I was wondering if someone could offer me alittle help and information on what i should do. I dont need a system that is so loud it will rattles the buildings that i drive by. i just want a system that sounds good inside the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Reading Topic: Help with audio upgrade

I too was curious about the same issue. I also have the stock stereo, and was wondering if it would be wise to put in 2 speakers along the rear window since, on the stock stereo, there are no speakers back there.

Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Help with audio upgrade'

Some car audiophiles would tell you not to worry about rear speakers and that proper imaging can be achieved without them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Help with audio upgrade'

first off....no don't add speakers on the back deck, looks like shit and sounds worse, waste of money

now w/ that out of the way, we're gonna neeed more info before we can help, first and foremost, how much are you looking to spend? (this is a big factor, car audio is an expensive hobby)

once we know how much you want to put into this, we can help ya figure out what you need to go listen to

-Jikisan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks Jikisan. I'm looking to spend around $500 and would like that to cover some of the instulation as well (i.e. i would rather not spend all 500 on just parts). Once again i dont need something to blow the doors off and shake the ground. just a smooth, clear sounding system that will sound good at a pretty loud volume, but not a crazily high volume.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Im in your same boat mslovich.

I went online and found some great deals on speakers and had them put in at Best Buy.

I picked up a set of Infinity Reference 6000cs 6.5" components for the front and Infinity Kappa 62.5i 6.5" 2-ways for the rear. These sound so much better, very claer with no distortion. I got these from here With shipping it only cost me about $200. The problem now is I dont have alot of bass. I will be adding an amp to power the speakers (louder is always good) and a sub to give me some thump. Even with install I should still be under $500 bucks with this setup and it sounds great...even with out the sub and amp. Speakers alone with install cost me a little over $260...but I work at best buy so I got the install at half price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts