Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I really really need your help.

My car is suffering from this CEL: P0507 - Idle above expected

It came on, I erased it then it came back on a week later.

I recently installed a DEFI boost gauge, could this be the cause...

Please help me out as I would like to avoid a trip to the dealer.

What should I do??

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I would recomend that trip to the dealer. The only possibility for the boost gauge to cause something like that is if the vacuum line is way loose, and even then it sounds a little fishy. I would unhook the gauge, put the stock vacuum line and BOV back on there and get up there.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
It could be so many things, I'm not going to list them all. It could be anything from your throttle-body to a shutter-valve to even a glitch in your ECU. Given that your only (listed) mods are boost gauge and BOV, it's probably best to let them take care of it. Your warranty is still good right?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Put it back to stock and take it back to them. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could be so many things, I'm not going to list them all. It could be anything from your throttle-body to a shutter-valve to even a glitch in your ECU. Given that your only (listed) mods are boost gauge and BOV, it's probably best to let them take care of it. Your warranty is still good right?
[/b]
My warrenty is still good and BOV, boost gauge, K&N filter are my only mods regarding the motor.

However, putting back the stock BOV is problematic since I had to cut my stock vac line in order to install the T-connector. I also had to shorten the OE recirculation hose by an inch.

Damn that sucks...do you think Mazda will try to blame the BOV and/or boost gauge??

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
They could try, but without proving that was the cause, they can't void you. You should be able to find the vacuum line and recirc hose a autozone or something. I doubt they would notice the different hoses.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ahhh.. yes... the wonders of modding and warranty! I'm somewhat upset with CP-e when looking back on everything... they do such a nice job of making bolt-on-parts... yet the BOV kit required some cutting of stock parts making putting it BACK to stock very difficult... HOWEVER

I would NOT replace the aftermarked BOV... leave it on... assuming you installed it properly... why? If you have a printer.. find the thread and print out a picture of the BLOWN stock BOV... and show it to the dealership if they ask questions.... Replacing the stock plastic pile of shit bov.. should increase your warranty to 10 years if nothing else lol....

The only purpose of the BOV is to help protect the turbo setup... And some ppl like noise... the boost controller... get rid of that shit.. i haven't installed one... but from what it sounds like... using them on the speed6 is like a ninja special install... car / setup isn't made for it...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I think he said he has a boost gauge, not a boost controller. It SHOULD be safe to go up there with that on there, but that depends on how anal they are. I would go ahead and put the stock BOV back on for the day or two they will have your car. It's just not worth losing your warranty over IMO.

·
Registered
744 Posts
the bov, and boost gauge shoudl be ok. If you has a boost leak i dont think it would show a P0507 code. I had a bad leak and it showed a different code. I forget the exact code but it was something much different then that.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Could a faulty MAF or the K&N filter cause a P0507 ??
[/b]
I doubt it. Seems like it would have to be something in the throttle body or an ECM issue.

·
Registered
595 Posts
the oil on the K&N filters has been known to fowl maf sensors. Many dealerships will not replace your maf or replace anything downstream of it if you have even just a drop in K&N filter. I would definitely put a stock paper filter in before bringing it in.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
the oil on the K&N filters has been known to fowl maf sensors. Many dealerships will not replace your maf or replace anything downstream of it if you have even just a drop in K&N filter. I would definitely put a stock paper filter in before bringing it in.
[/b]
If that's the case, why doesn't oil on a CAI or short ram intake filter cause the same problem?

·
Registered
862 Posts
If that's the case, why doesn't oil on a CAI or short ram intake filter cause the same problem?
[/b]
From what I've read it can.

·
Registered
329 Posts
[/b]
Any oiled filter can cause the MAF to be fouled. K&N is known to have a pretty open filter design so they let in a little more than others.

IIRC a good portion of the CAI on the market for the MS6 right now are using a dry filter design.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
WHOA. Epic revival. I haven't seen him post in a while...

**EDIT**
After going back and reading his thread, I'd hypothesize he likely had an opening someplace in the intake tract, allowing unmetered air to enter, or perhaps a vac leak.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I would buy a piece of hose and put the stocker back on. I know it's a pit of a pita, and they MAY let you slide. However, they may also flag you're car which I've read before many times. That is, they'll do whatever minor work under warranty is profitable, but if your engine blows, etc.. they're like "we're not covering that." And if you're flagged, all dealers will know. Not worth it imo. It sounds stupid, but a boost gauge is "tapping into the wire harness" and they can and have voided the warranty for that. It's true that under Federal law they can't do that, but trying to fight them, and having to go to arbitration is a LOT more of a pita than getting a hose, and swapping out the bovs. It'll take 10 mins.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Lmao, Doug!

I HOPE MZ got it taken care of in 3.5 year's time.

Thus thread is funny. yomamma has a post here. Douche bought a 335 and never looked back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts