Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have seen so many posts with no actual answers and I am desperate to resolve this. First post on the site but long time user. I have a Mazda 6 2015 Skyactiv 2.2 Diesel Sport Nav. And over the past few months it is throwing up the Vehicle system Malfunction error. I have had the car plugged in for error codes and it was showing as an Oil pressure issue. It went to the Local Mazda Garage who charged nearly £500 for Diagnosis and then Oil and filter replacement. Upon driving back from the garage after being told it was fixed the light sure enough came back on. I phoned them and they advised to bring it back in. Once back to the garage they checked the Oil pressure again and advised it is all within the limits and they advised the next step was to strip the engine to find a fault (not knowing what they were looking for). I declined this. So I have since taken out the oil pressure switch and cleaned it with Contact Cleaner (wasn't grubby anyway) However it does look like a potential aftermarket part. This made no difference. I have also had the injector seals replaced and the Oil strainer cleaned out by a local garage as it looked like the Oil level was increasing quickly and believed to be down to Diesel getting into the oil through the injector seals. This work was completed and still now the Error comes on. I did notice that the garage had overfilled the oil above maximum so I drained some off to allow it to be between the correct level Markings (this was immediately after collecting the car from the garage so no chance for the oil to be diluted with diesel). The error seems to come on consistently when the engine is under strain, for example a dual carriage way up a hill and engine hitting around 3000 revs, however sometimes it doesnt conform to this pattern. And I am now at a loss, the only other error that will appear occasionally is the Mass Airflow Circuit error which I can clear and remains off for the majority of the time. Does anyone know what else I can do, I love the car and i am not in a position to buy another so want to resolve this slight issue. And unlike many posts I have seen I promise when I find a fix I will 1000% update this thread with a resolution, and even if it isn't fixed ill update also. Thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you have an OBD2 reader to connect to the PCM and read the errors?
Just to confirm that it is an issue with the oil pressure...
Maybe it is a defective sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have an OBD2 reader to connect to the PCM and read the errors?
Just to confirm that it is an issue with the oil pressure...
Maybe it is a defective sensor.
So I have had the sensor checked and it looks like it too has be replaced so i dont think it is the sensor itself, I have had it checked both privately and at the mazda garage and they have both confirmed it is the oil pressure reading out of spec. In turns out the garage I had it taken to had overfilled the oil so have drained some off and the error message still came on, However the next day I checked the oil level again and was below minimum (My mistaked as the car was on ramps at the time so clearly I didnt take that into account like a moron) so topped back up again to where it needs to be and so far no error message!! Fingers crossed it was just a case of replacing the Injector seals and the Oil strainer and making sure oil level is correct, I will update once I have had chance to drive the car more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it looks like a pain to get to however, it isnt as bad as you would think, Once you have removed the coolant reservoir, its nice and simple. Difficult to spot at first but once you know where the sensor is there is no problem with it. Just unclip the wiring and get your deep socket in there and its a piece of pie, Thanks for the info tho! As per the other reply looks like I may have a fix.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
It seems like a new vacuum pump is the solution. At least for that guy, and he has the part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts