Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That guys is getting over a thousand hits a minute pretty impressive.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
HE really doesnt have all that many views, he says they have to be unique views, and on the 5th he only had 10000.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Anone catch the fact that its by April 1st of 2007, 1 year from APRIL 1st 2006... Nice joke...

To add to that...

Here is some text from his site.. "April 5, 2006 noon - I've been getting asked questions about why I'm using Metrodate.com. This is an effort to
conserve bandwidth by putting pictures on another server. Plus, at first I didn't want to list my email address
but now I've created a new one for this site only. Also, Metrodate let me create a free profile, which is perfect for my limited budget.
I have also been getting questions about how to sign up for a free profile on Metrodate. The most common comment is "it took me forever to
figure out how to get the free profile." After clicking "Create a free profile" from the main page and filling out some basic
questions, it brings you to a payment screen. At the top is a link that says "Start me with free basic membership. Maybe
I'll upgrade later..." Click that and you'll be able to search for me under "Browse Profiles" and then
"Lookup Memeber." My ID is JimJim5. Drop me a line and let me know how you heard about the site!
"

Can u say, one big advert for Metrodate.com??? PFT...

April 5, 2006 6:00 PM - I just got a notice from my ISP that I would have to upgrade my hosting service due to the increased volume.
This is going to start getting expensive.
Unfortunately nobody is clicking on the Gamefly banner. I'm going to try to search for a new advertiser.
Please keep forwarding!!!

April 5, 2006 7:00 PM - Well, nobody seems to be clicking on the gamefly banner and bandwidth is going through the roof.
Instead I'm going to try a different approach to try and keep myself from going broke. I set up a paypal account under the
email address [email protected]. If you want to send me a dollar or two, I would really appreciate it.
Hopefully, this will help me keep the site up.

***Notice*** A friend suggested that I post the following statement:
By donating money to me through paypal, I am not offering any service or product. All donations should be considered for entertainment purposes only.

April 5, 2006 8:30 PM - Getting lots of questions through email. To address some of them:
5) Yes, I get a dollar for everyone who signs up for a profile through Metrodate.
This is just in case nobody sends money through paypal.

Were makin him rich and getting him a thresome which is probably a joke...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Another thing.. he is complaining about his bandwidth being through the roof....

his site total, pictures and counter and all is less then 30 KB...

My host provides 60GB bandwidth / month for 13 bucks a month... for 40 bucks you can get 180GB of bandwidth.. HMMM lets see...

30KB is roughtly .0000286102 Gigabytes...

60GB / .0000286102 = 2,097,154.16 Hits

Granted they are not all unique and he probably gets a lot more, you can easily "fund" bandwidth with such a small site.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
16 Participants
Absolut
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing