Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got a set of LED tails, and intalled them, and I could push the brakes and have them light up, but they wouldnt turn on with my headlights for night driving. I couldnt figure it out and finally got fed up with it and installed my stock tails again.
I plugged all the bulbs back in and still the same thing. Brake lights work but not the driving lights.
I checked the fuse and it is fine......
Anyone know what could be wrong? :swearin:
I need to be able to drive at night! lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
So, I got a set of LED tails, and intalled them, and I could push the brakes and have them light up, but they wouldnt turn on with my headlights for night driving. I couldnt figure it out and finally got fed up with it and installed my stock tails again.
I plugged all the bulbs back in and still the same thing. Brake lights work but not the driving lights.
I checked the fuse and it is fine......
Anyone know what could be wrong? :swearin:
I need to be able to drive at night! lol[/b]
Oh man that sucks. Are you sure you turned the lights completely on? 2 clicks not one? I know it sounds dumb but it happens.

Did you check the bulbs itself? Did any of the wires come loose from the harness plugs? Check to see if they're in there all the way and aren't loose.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man that sucks. Are you sure you turned the lights completely on? 2 clicks not one? I know it sounds dumb but it happens.

Did you check the bulbs itself? Did any of the wires come loose from the harness plugs? Check to see if they're in there all the way and aren't loose.[/b]
Yup turned it the two clicks...still nothing....
And as far as I can tell the bulbs and wires are fine. Will one pooched bulb cause all 4 not too light up?
It is weird becuase the brake lights work.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
One light bulb won't cause all 4 to go out unless there's some bad wiring job going on there.
Lights don't light even with car ignition on?

Did you google the problem? Might find some answers there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I didn't think one bulb would cause that....and nope, I have had the car started and still nothing.
I have signals, reverse lights and brake lights, just no running lights.

I dont know whether the plugs from the LED's screwed something up or what..... :slap:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ya I didn't think one bulb would cause that....and nope, I have had the car started and still nothing.
I have signals, reverse lights and brake lights, just no running lights.

I dont know whether the plugs from the LED's screwed something up or what..... :slap:[/b]
No idea, your best bet is probably go to dealer and get them to check.
Don't tell them you changed your lights, just tell them it don't work. If something is busted it should be covered under warranty depending on year and km's u have.

·
Registered
301 Posts

Did you check the bulbs itself? Did any of the wires come loose from the harness plugs? Check to see if they're in there all the way and aren't loose.[/b]

even if you did one click, the tails should still come on.

just my .02

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
On the inside of you drivers side. It's right by the kick panel. The plastic piece just snaps off and there's fuses in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's probably just a blown fuse. The Tail light fuse is in the box under the hood. Look at the 10 amp in the top right corner....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts