Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know whether to put this in this section or not but here goes. I have a 2005 V6 with 21,000 miles and the Bose system (and additional subs in the trunk, tapped through the bose sub if that matters) and I have been having issues with the rear defroster interfering with the radio stations.

Now this only happens when its cold out (but I may only notice because I only use the defroster when its cold out...duh), but when I have the radio on when the rear defroster is on I get horrible static through the radio. I know it's definitely the defroster because I can turn the defroster on and off and hear the static disappear. Once the car warms up or the window is completed defrosted the static goes away.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on how to fix it or what the problem might be? I am pretty mechanically inclined but it almost breaks my heart to think of tearing my car to pieces to get to the back of the center console.

Do you think I should let the dealer handle something like this under warranty or should I try and fix it myself?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
sounds like a ground problem with your amp, or the quality of your tap for signal/12Vacc at the bose sub.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i could easily test this by removing the Bose subwoofer wiring harness that the aftermarket subs are tapped into, right? If i still have the interference, then i guess the problem has to be at the head unit somwhere.

I'll try it tomorrow morning and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
try disconnecting the fuse from the amp at the battery. with that fuse removed, disconnect the ground & amp turn-on at the aftermarket amp. test. you shouldn't need to disconnect the signal wires at the bose sub amp harness (too much work).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try disconnecting the fuse from the amp at the battery. with that fuse removed, disconnect the ground & amp turn-on at the aftermarket amp. test. you shouldn't need to disconnect the signal wires at the bose sub amp harness (too much work).
[/b]

I tried this...I completely disconnected the aftermarket system from the car including the fuse and the connection at the bose sub (just removed the harness...really easy to do). My amp (JL) has remote sensing from the audio input so there is no turn-on wire. Tried the radio and defroster again and I still had interference. Could it just be a loose connection for the climate controls in the dash?

Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts