Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a little over a week since I installed my springs.

The install was easy and problem free.

BUT yesterday, I noticed that the driver side was 1/4 inch lower than the passenger side.
The car does not drive any differently and I don't hear any clucking noise...the driver side is simply lower.

I looked at the springs and everything appears fine. Therefore, I really don't know what could cause such a problem...

Please help me out.

P.s.

a) The car has been aligned a few days ago.
b) I made sure that the pavement was completely flat.

c) I am almost always alone in my car, could it be that the driver side has settled further than the passenger side (as suggested by Wiggum). If so, how can I fix the problem??

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
It could be anything, we have never narrowed down an exact cause, but people have noticed this fairly often with the 6.

(just a little FYI, pavement is almost never flat, even concrete garage floors are rarely flat as verified by laser levels)

The only way to "fix" it would be to have adjustable height (meaning coilovers or similar)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Did you re-use the rubber isolators? depending on when the car was made (Mazda has made a buttload of changes to the mounts...6 for the top mount alone) The rubbers can be a simple rubber disc to a dustboot/isolator disc combo to a dust boot/isolator in one. The boot/isolator in one has the thickest rubber, right around 1/4".

My dealer decided it was OK to use 2 completely different upper mounts on our car...i still have not located the proper mount for the coilovers i installed. While they are just fine, one side had to be raised almost 1.5" to compensate...I hate dumbass dealers.

Quality springs do not settle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts